• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats in your truck this winter

willie002

So what resides in your truck or at least should for this winter? I carry battery cables, tire chains, small tarp, gloves, hat, and boots along with some smaller bags of sand for extra traction. I guess the only other thing I could think of would be a blanket to stay warm under when everything comes to a stop. Are there any suggestions to add?

I've survived damn near everything.

1974 - 2002, Mild - sold to son
1976 - 2002, lil' Wild

Here in NYC I help my father shovel snow every snowstorm at many buildings. Up at 4am and nonstop until all 15 are cleared of snow and salted.

4 shovels in the back, 2 ice picks, and around 500-1000 pounds of salt. 2004 ford explorer. Haven't been stuck yet, even in the last heavy snowstorm we had. Will be going to bf goodrich all terrains in 31" this season, and maybe a few inches of lift down the road. aired down tires helps a lot for traction, and maybe in a few years an ARB locker will find its way into the rear diff.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

My truck has parts for my truck, tow strap, jumper cables, tie downs, rope, sometimes a shovel, chainsaw during windstorm season, other stuff depending on the day.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2