willie002

Whats in your truck this winter

9 posts / 624 viewsLast Reply

So what resides in your truck or at least should for this winter? I carry battery cables, tire chains, small tarp, gloves, hat, and boots along with some smaller bags of sand for extra traction. I guess the only other thing I could think of would be a blanket to stay warm under when everything comes to a stop. Are there any suggestions to add?

Here in NYC I help my father shovel snow every snowstorm at many buildings. Up at 4am and nonstop until all 15 are cleared of snow and salted.

4 shovels in the back, 2 ice picks, and around 500-1000 pounds of salt. 2004 ford explorer. Haven't been stuck yet, even in the last heavy snowstorm we had. Will be going to bf goodrich all terrains in 31" this season, and maybe a few inches of lift down the road. aired down tires helps a lot for traction, and maybe in a few years an ARB locker will find its way into the rear diff.

Guest Anonymous

Off topic.

"truck" or "trunk" ??

here in the winter danger zone of SoCal, it's road flares, sunscreen, beach blankets, and umbrellas. Maybe a thin windbreaker.

and the occasional shotgun for those days when it is "skeeting" outside ..... as opposed to sleeting.

Cheers,

Carl