• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt: Can I run one TWM TB with my Lynx manifold?

AustrianVespaGuy

Holy cow, thanks for all the great feedback guys! Sounds like the consensus is that I should go for it! Will keep you posted but it will be awhile before I get around to this project; I'm living in the Netherlands for the next few months so it won't be until spring before I can work on the car again. And to answer some of the curiosities, it's mostly a street car with a few autocross days a year, and in the spring it'll get a full engine rebuild too with 9.5:1 pistons, 292 cam, etc. (I'll have Korman do the machining but I'll do the rest.) In the meantime, anyone know where I can get a new 318 fuel rail? Cause mine just broke :( Oh and thanks for posting those great pics to show everyone what we're talking about, very nice!

-Carl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, over time I have collected an e12 head, reconditioned with a 292 regrind. 90mm, 9.5 pistons. The induction system from a 318i I was sitting on for my Rotrex dream. And soon a lynx M86..

I think I see an EFI sell off in my future.

What is the consensus on the TB's sold in the FAQ store? Looks like 40X64, 40X80 and 40X110mm TB's..?!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Wow, being a Lynx owner ( just pulled it of of my 75), i have never even thought of a single Itb setup. i was not happy with the lynx DCOE setup, tired of chasing my tail on jetting. But I have been tossing the idea of MS'ing the yard car, perhaps the Lynx may get a new lease on life...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

The unequal length runners on the Lynx may not be noticed with a carb but they will with EFI if you monitor individual cylinder O2. It can be tuned, if you got the bucks. If you got the bucks, why mess with megasquirt.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I *think* that the latest version of MS can only monitor two cylinder 'banks' O2 sensors. So, one has a choice with the 1-3 2-4 Lynx setup if they were to choose to build a custom exhaust header... You could either group 1-3 and 2-4 together on the exhaust as well and tune from their OR you could group 1-4 and 2-3 (thats typical 4 cylinder pairing, correct?) and try to split the measurements...

I haven't decided in my mind which route I would prefer yet, but when I do I'll let you know. The easiest route is the normal 4 to 1 header and a single O2 sensor...

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

I *think* that the latest version of MS can only monitor two cylinder 'banks' O2 sensors. So, one has a choice with the 1-3 2-4 Lynx setup if they were to choose to build a custom exhaust header... You could either group 1-3 and 2-4 together on the exhaust as well and tune from their OR you could group 1-4 and 2-3 (thats typical 4 cylinder pairing, correct?) and try to split the measurements...

I haven't decided in my mind which route I would prefer yet, but when I do I'll let you know. The easiest route is the normal 4 to 1 header and a single O2 sensor...

HA HA Look at the goofy shorty header I was sold when I first was getting into this.. I have it on the car now. Didn't realize the configuration until it was on the car, and I haven't changed it out..

Is this playing right into my hands??

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2934-1.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Get a bigger injector

that has its pitfalls, too... as I'm sure you know!

Gawd, that pic is pretty. One thing that confuses me, though-

with all that pretty machining, why is that AN fitting goobered on

with a weld that looks like I did it with a MIG?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

HA HA Look at the goofy shorty header I was sold when I first was getting into this..

WOW!!! This is fate Jason. I haven't the slightest clue at the moment which header is actually better for measurements... but I think that you can certainly justify either one...

Wow, I really can't believe that you have both of the headers I was describing...

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"