• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wires under seat question and WTB parts for center console

mariom2

I am in the process of replacing the carpets, I noticed that under the seat there is a wire with a two prong quick connect plug, near the tunnel. One under each seat. Also the bottom portion of the seat belt harness next to the spool, there is a wire that it looks like is connected to the plastic housing. Am I to assume that these go the light for the fasten seat belt on top of the dash? Does anyone know how to reconnect?

I am not good at reading wirring diagrams, I tried. Car is a 72 tii, if anyone has the under dash trim pieces and center console parts in good shape, please let me know by email.

thanks

72- Tii M2

87- Porsche 911 Turbo

01- Mercedes CLK Cabrio

07-Touareg V8

91- NSX

08- VW GTI

what activates the FASTEN SEAT BELT sign atop the dash. They have been known to short out, so it's a good idea to disconnect them at the fuse box, or at least tape the ends so stray metal under the seats won't short circuit the wires.

The seat belt interlock didn't get installed until the 73 or 74 models, but at least the 73s had a sensor in the seat itself that would light the light if someone was sitting in the seat without the seat belt buckled. Grocery sacks would also set it off, so most folks disconnected it. If you see a pair of wires dangling from the underside of the seat cushion, that's what it is.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Location Zip 60035 Illinois

I need the complete console specially the sides pannels, what do you have and do you have pictures?

jedwabnik@yahoo.com

72- Tii M2

87- Porsche 911 Turbo

01- Mercedes CLK Cabrio

07-Touareg V8

91- NSX

08- VW GTI

I have 2 sets of side panels, the are workable condition, 2 shifter surrounds and one center piec all in ok condition for being OLD...I work in DC and live in south PA and unfortunately will not be able to take PICS until Friday when I get home. Email me and I will send PICS of all of them then.

to the seat springs. Those look great - usually they are covered in rust!

Oh - OK. I'm not sure, but if they are anything like the rest of my car, the springs have a coating of POR on them. The car came with a bunch of receipts passed on which included several for POR stuff.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"