• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anybody know of a parts car in SoCal? need body parts

josh72ooh2

I posted in the wanted section but didn't get much response. I know this forum has more visibility....

Help keep another 2002 on the road... Betty took another serious punch and I'm in a bit of an insurance snafu. She's fixable...

They will cut me a check for about 80% of the damages but they based their payout on new parts costs. If i can source a pretty decent 71-76 driver's side door, and front fender (no dents or rust please), it could help greatly.

A decent hood would be appreciated if somebody has one lying around that they want to get rid of. it would be cheaper, and the body shop would prefer a solid hood but may be able to fix the damage to mine

I'm hoping for some good deals... i could get these parts somewhere like 2002AD but their prices are about 75% of what new parts cost.

thanks in advance.

-josh

post-17221-13667645903519_thumb.jpg

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

hey...Thanks! they have a hood and a door for me! Price is reasonable. $350 for both. More then i would like to spend but i'll probably take them up on it.

I'm guessing a good front fender it a bit harder to come by...

if anybody else has any tips, please keep 'em coming.

-josh

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

I remember seeing those posts about their complete car sales.

But all i need are a few parts that might otherwise be going to the scrapper.

i can't see much to be weary of as far as that goes.

They don't typically sell parts and the guy was willing to help me out... so they can't be all that bad...

Autobahn BMW. 444 Vernon Way, El Cajon, CA 92020, (619) 444-2290

They are very friendly and knowledgeable and have very decent prices, I got my 635csi rear seats from them and they even let me choose from several center pieces. John is the boss and Herb is the in-house 02 gearhead.

Cheers, Edward

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd - garage queen *  73 Mustang Convertible 351C 

15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - daily driver * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Hi Josh,

Sorry to see the photo, when I saw you the car had just come out of the paint shop. That is a real bummer. I have a "pretty damn good" but not perfect fender and a primered hood you can have for $150. I will be in Fullerton this weekend, pulling the race car's motor. If you are interested, I can throw them in the trailer.

Mark

73tii

Ugh, that sucks! A similar thing happened to ours recently but luckly it was hit further back and only really smashed the door in. I have a hood you can have for free but it's in SF so probably not worth retrieving unless you can't find one locally.

Well, i can say that house of luxuries are total jerks.

I talked to him on the phone and we made a deal for $175 for the door.

He said he didn't have anybody to take it off. I offered to do it.

I get down there, see the door has a bit of bondo on it, I spend a half hour wrestling with a very rusty door pin out (with a pair of pliers)and removing the door. I finally pull the door and then the guy i talked to starts haggling me for extra money for the glass. The glass and trim are nasty. I told him i don't want it and it doesn't look like it's even worth anything. He didn't mention the glass or bondo before i went to the trouble of removing everything. I start removing the glass and it is going to take a while... Then he starts to come down on his price a bit...but i was already pissed. He ended up getting another $15 from me. Those guys ARE sharks. Slimy ones. If i didn't go to all the trouble removing the door, and if i didn't need it so bad, i would have told him to stick it.

Yeah David... I'm worried my car is cursed. After this weekend, and thanks to Mark (Pigpen) and a tip from another FAQ'r on a door, I think i have some adequate parts to give to the body shop to replace on my car.

I'm going to take the hood, fender and door over there today and see what they say.

Thanks for your parts source offer.

I'm still dealing with insurance and trying to collect the entire damage amount from the other driver... if that happens, i'll be in real good shape. but His insurance company isn't really returning calls or being cooperative....

my other worry is the the steering system and the damage it suffered... and how much that will cost...

-josh