• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice black 75 02 on ebay

pink

I'm sure everyone has already seen this and please direct me to an active post if this is a repost. But here it is. I think it goes to show a good resto is a good resto. Doesn't matter if it was born Malaga or that everything's blacked out! I'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-KIND-H-R-BILSTEIN-MOMO-HOUNDSTOOTH-HELLA-FOGS-/140531111295?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b84e957f#ht_26537wt_1165

Discuss.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ditto!! All that work and the most hideous interior I have ever seen. Hate the stripe also and the wheels albeit are cool, would have preferred black centers with polished lip. The engine has what looks like a 32/36 weber. Would have put an S14 in and you would have the perfect 02. Gut the interior for an all black one. AG

That's a hood Roundel on the tail, isn't it?

25.jpg

Lots of work went into it, but it's not my style. I am, however, interested in the fact that heavily modified cars rarely break into five figures, even more rarely do they do so without an S14 or an M20.

That being said, it looks like the German version of this:

Smokey%20and%20the%20bandit.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Funny the Trans-Am pic from previous poster. My buddy and I had a discussion on this car this morning and he also stated it looked like a "Smokey and the Bandit" T/A. He wasn't the only one. S14/ M20 or not it's a toy not an investment. And yah it looks like a 4x4 too!

Ditto!! All that work and the most hideous interior I have ever seen. Hate the stripe also and the wheels albeit are cool, would have preferred black centers with polished lip. The engine has what looks like a 32/36 weber. Would have put an S14 in and you would have the perfect 02. Gut the interior for an all black one. AG

My thoughts exactly, needs an S14 to be something more than pretty.

Also surprised they didn't 'tin' the fender to nose above the grill.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Looks like really good photography. Its a pretty car and very clean looking. it's not exactly what I would be driving but it should appeal to some. I don't understand the mindset that it has to be a Tii to break into the 5 figures. these cars are moving up in value in a down market. imagine the price leap we may see when the economy picks back up.

I would pay 11k for this over 11k for a used Honda

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I like the seats but the door cards needed a little more ... detail. could it have a 40 DFAV?

Still looks very nice. I hope they get what they want.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I am, however, interested in the fact that heavily modified cars rarely break into five figures, even more rarely do they do so without an S14 or an M20.

Basically what also piqued my interest. I think it mainly works for the BMW 'scene.' We like to drive our cars and will pay for the 'motorsports' add-ons. Other marques won't do so well as a modified product from their original build sheet... although an s52 e30 m3 is a big no-no in my book and won't garner nearly as much as the same one with a s14.

overal I LIKE it

BUTT!- not the ::

-belt line trim delete

-the gold fuax turbo body decal on the sides

-THE FRONT STRUT HIGH-RIDER SPACERS ARE STILL

ON TOP OF THE STRUTS

-the non-BEHR bmw radiator cap - this is one of many

details that demonstrate the builder/sellers bad additude

to buying Original BMW parts to maintaim the original

quality of a BMW as they spend the opening page trying to

sell you on - that this is the car that all the press originally

raved over. NOT when it's missing small things like

a proper radiator cap. What else did the seller go cheapest

way possible? Deleting trim, and black covering remaining

poor condition trim is a fast way out and quick buck turn over.

I do love the interior.

for such a promotion - it should go out to the shops lift

for a photo gallery of under-car shots.

27.jpg

HOW NOT TO PRESENT A CAR FOR SALE:

this stands the hair up on the back of your

wooly neck and makes your B.S. meter peg

at the FULL BS reading =

Before I begin, I would encourage all serious buyers to contact me directly at 517-425-0129. Although this is a seven day auction, I reserve the right to end early.

You are bidding on the very cool 1975 BMW 2002. These vehicles have received mention in many magazine articles recently, including them on a list of "next hot collectible cars". To set the stage for this gorgeous little collectible, here are some quotes from some articles:

"The BMW 2002 is the most important model in BMW's history. It established BMW as a builder of quality performance sports sedans, brought global success and cracked the lucrative US market. The 2002 was the precursor to the 3 Series which built on the 2002's success and became the class leader for more than three decades. "

"All leading motoring magazines of the period were universal in their praise for the 2002. The virtues of its performance and quality were expounded with the only regular criticism being around the austere looks of the cars styling and interior. Some also noted the limited rear leg room."

"The 2002 had a very strong racing career that continues now in historic race series. In 1969 Dieter Quester won the European Touring Car Championship in the 2.0 litre class and was runner up overall to the Porsche 911. He also managed to win four rounds of the championship outright."

MW has recently revisited the concept of the 2002 with the introduction of the 1-series, the spiritual re-interpretation of the ground breaking original. The 1-series has re-set the package after the bloating of the 3 series that saw engine capacity and cylinder numbers double in the top of the line performance versions ."

Even "Hot Rod" magazine editor Rob Kinnan is beginning to take notice of these amazing little cars in a recent article (Alternative Foreign Oddballs):

"I always liked the lines of these cars...the 2002 is a classic design for European car nuts like a '69 Camaro is to you and me..."

We at Rare Rides have really grown to love these lil' 02s. We've done several of these cars in the past, and we really wanted to make this one stand out. We took lots of time planning out the "theme" for this car, and the following illustration is the result of that vision. As you read through the description, and enjoy all the pics, I look forward to hearing from fellow enthusiasts, comments/critiques are welcome!

i don't see any Used Car / Sellers Warranty ??

how safe do you feel about that ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Other than the ride height, gold decals, wheels, oh and I guess the radiator cap, I actually think it's fairly well done and very thorough. The interior actually looks great IMO even though I'd never have thought it would before seeing the photos.

Esty - can you mimic his trunk trim panel solution?

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot