• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NE1 running 15x7.5 ET 18 up front? (nt)

Armond

Im running 15X7.5 et 25 all around. No rubbing

compared to your set up

ET18 would have 7mm more Inner clearance from the inside of the wheel to the strut housing

and the outer position will extend 7mm more from the position of the outside edge of the wheel

what kind of suspension set up do you have?

do you think you have 7mm more to give up front? thanks

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Im running 15X7.5 et 25 all around. No rubbing

What tire size? How much fender/strut clearance? With my basket weaves (std 14x6.5 et33 w/195/60R14's) I've got plenty of fender clearance but only a few mm of strut clearance(tire sidewall, not inner rim lip). I didn't think 7.5" et25 would have enough offset to clear the strut, my other car with 15x8" et15 also barely clears the strut with it's inner rim lip.

I think it's going to be real tight to the fenders even with 45 series tires. Let's just say you won't be able to make too many U-turns at the turning lane. Why don't you stick with 15x7s? Are these your RS?

What were you running with your RS's, tires size and offset?

I'd like to run 15 or 16x7/7.5 et26/19 on a future project. It's not going to be a stock resto so a little fender modification is totally cool as long as it still appears stock. It'll also be low, like no spring pads w/stage II springs low, maybe even a coil cut.

Armond / Ray - Greetings from Iraq!

Well I do miss home, the family, working on cars, going to beach, et.al.

Over here at Camp Taji I'm controlling all the contracts, but I wish I could write some for 02's on the road or women, maybe even a Starbucks - no luck. This place is deserted compared to what it used to be.

I'll be home for R&R this Summer, looking forward to it. You guys take care.

Regards,

Marc in Iraq

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

Over here at Camp Taji I'm controlling all the contracts, but I wish I could write some for 02's on the road or women, maybe even a Starbucks - no luck. This place is deserted compared to what it used to be.

Regards,

Marc in Iraq

Email me! I'll get you hooked up! My wife works at Starbucks and they have a program called "Coffee for the Troops". She said that we can address a care package to you!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Regards,

Marc in Iraq

wow..from Afghanistan to Iraq! glad to hear from you bud. Let's hook up when you get back. Be safe and come home soon.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Armond those 15x7.5 et18 sounds like an impossible fitment w/o a flare or fender stretch, especially on a lowered car. You're going to catch the fender lips every time the wheels are turned as you enter driveways etc. I'll say it again those 15" Panasports you were sportin' last Thursday when you came by the shop are HOT and I for one think you should stick with them. Like these on Grover's (Tom Richardson's) Sahara 02 from the 2007 BayArea02 Swap&Show.

HPIM2749.jpg

If these 7.5" et18's were 6" I'd say go for it but...

... you're probably going to ignore my advice and not read this post like you didn't read my one about the under hood hardware paint. That really miffed me when you said you didn't see or read that one. I went out of my way to link up a bunch of photos of my parent's Tii before paint. BTW your car is BENT due to previous accidents, that's why Sean and I had to modify your hood latch bar to get your hood to adjust and to open and close properly. The LAST thing you do is expect a body shop that's unfamiliar with '02s to do a good job while you go on vacation. Patience is a virtue my man.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/topic_view,threads/p,771985/t,348602/

Your BBS RSs looked good too.... MOJOJOY took this pic.

DSC03852.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Tom.

I like both Panasports and RS001 and switch them around every now and then.My OP is for another set I have that I'm having refinshed with 2" lips in the back and was hoping I can change the lips up front to 1-1/2 thus changing the offset to 18.

Like I told you thursday, I didn't ignore your post about the paint detail. I just didint see it since I don't get topic reply notifications.Regarding the hood, I still don't think the car is tweaked simply because the hood allignment was fine before the hood was removed for painting. As always, I appreciate your input.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Manimal, are you running 15x8 et15 fronts??

I seem to recall seeing you test fitting some Diamond racing 15x8's on the rear..?

Yeah, 15x8 et15 all around with IE turbo flares and it is REALLY close on the inside. They're Sportmax XXR501's, super cheap off craigslist with 225/50R15 tires which will likely cause problems and need to be changed to 225/45's. Hopefully the car will be running in a few weeks so I'll know if/how bad they rub.