• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A nice day and a new camera

jmr_1602

lovely cafe racer - really - i like all the details

and please tell us how the LYNX Single-DCOE is

if I still owned my o2 - that would've been my next mod

motorsportroundels200.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm really happy with the GF-1. I really don't know how to choose the correct SS and F-stops, but the manual mode (which I was using) makes it really easy to experiment.

As for the LYNX set up – I'm really happy with it. Originally I had a 32/36 on it and loved it, but my girlfriend ended up buying me the LYNX set up for Christmas 2009. After getting it jetted properly I can say it was a huge difference in comparison to the old Weber. I let my friend with a 69 Datsun Farilady (with dual Mukuni's) and he said (by the seat of his pants) it feels really close to other dual side drafts he's driven. Highway driving is a lot less stressful now, the response I get in high rpm's is great. Stop and go is a bit more stressful however, but not so bad where I'd think about going back to the 32/36. It just wants to go fast all the time, so I pay a bit more attention than I used too.

Never been in an 02 with a 38/38 so I can't compare it.

As for the motorsports roundel on the hood. I bought one of the vinyl decals Lee was selling and put it over my old Roundel. Used a blow dryer to make more pliable.

Elan - I was just browsing thru your flickr last week and was thinking the same thing.

Future plans, are to get rid of the Alpina reps, and go back to 13's. ATS Classics or Minilites (13x8)

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I just picked up a single side draft setup, and I would be interested in your current jetting and carb settings. I don't have the Lynx manifold, but I have a single 40. Is yours a 40 or 45?

You can contact me through the e-mail link if you do not want to hijack your own thread.

Thanks!

Edited to add: nice car, and nice pictures!

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Having gone from a Weber 32/36 to a Lynx single 45 DCOE to dual 45 DCOEs, I can say that the Lynx setup provides most of the advantages of the dual setup without the hassles (mostly, balancing the linkage/carbs) for everyday driving.

Surprisingly, low-end torque a significant advantage with the Lynx (if properly tuned), compared to a downdraft setup . I expected to lose some of this going to a dual carb, single runner setup- but didn't. Of course, the dual carbs provide a much better top-end if your motor is up for it.

I have a Motorsport 300 cam with stock E12 head and a 2" custom exhaust system. My motor pulls hard well past 7K RPMs, but I am afraid to go beyond that point because I have factory rocker arms.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga