• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e21 Recaro seat adapters on 2002 rails

Lee

Lee,

I just checked the set on my early style cloth Recaros and they are around 30mm. Between 29.81 and 30.33 on my caliper. I seem to recall the later model ones are shorter but this may be incorrect.

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

Thanks very much

I only needed a basic evaluation of the height. 1mm accuracy is enough ;-)

I am currenty at 25mm tall and looking at lowering even more, and seiing at adding some rake for improved comfort. I added 4° on the e30 recaro adapters and everyone was very pleased, finding the comfort much better than with Recaro's own adapters.

Thanks again.

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Lee, are you developing stock 02 to recaro seat bracket adapters (for stock adjustable brackets... I see you already have solid race brackets)?? Just sounds here like you may be.

I made my own... look OK and are very solid but not totally happy with them (although i was able to offset them to get the seat closer to centered I would like it further towards the tunnel).

thanks

ALSO, has anyone been able to stabilize the seat with the old tired brackets... or is it the bracket? I have a little too much wobble in my seat.... maybe if i add another one of those roller things with the o-rings if they still make them?

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

The problem of shaky seats is most likely caused by sliders that have too much play, and/or have lost the rollers inside.

Yes. I am developping adapters for Recaro seats on stock rails. I was tempted to offset the seat toward the tranny tunnel, may it may not be of everyone's taste. Therefore, they will be centered. I am submitting tomorrow a cutting and folding test as the lengths must be recalculated as the folding process will shrink and expand the metal where it bends, altering the distance between the mounting points. Adapters to 1/4" lower than Recaro adapters.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

I just made adapters using 6mm aluminum. They are just flat plates so height is 6mm. Mounted with countersunk screws first to seat and then to rail. My seats are not from e21 but maybe Opel or something but I don't why the same style wouldn't work. I was thinking offset too but in my case there was no room left between console and seat.

Tommy

post-371-13667636886987_thumb.jpg

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I just made adapters using 6mm aluminum. They are just flat plates so height is 6mm. Mounted with countersunk screws first to seat and then to rail. My seats are not from e21 but maybe Opel or something but I don't why the same style wouldn't work. I was thinking offset too but in my case there was no room left between console and seat.

Tommy

By chance can you take a close up pic ? Thanks

Well here's a zoomed one. Sorry I wasn't around garage today.

In my opinion 6mm alu is well enough. My target was as low as possible. I was looking for 5mm but couldn't find material. The seat is still like 30...50mm high for my taste but that would impossible to realize without modifying the mounts in body.

Tommy

post-558-13667636905541_thumb.jpg

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Good. I just contacted my production guy. I shall have in 7 days 10 sets of aluminum adapters laser cut from 3/8" alloy. Countersunk holes from the bottom up to hold the seats, and Countersunk holes from the sliders to the bases. Fasteners included. $60.00usd

3/8" is about 10mm, and therefore 20mm lower than stock adapters. This product is a low cost project. No fancy machining, and no costly anodizing. No engraving. Nada. Just the bare minimum. Basically, they are the prototypes for possibly more involved/expensive adapters.

Thanks for your help.

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.