• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro Seat model help

73turk

Yes The left is an LS...I recall when I ordered a set for my first 2002 in the late 80s that you could basically order what u wanted. Pick your seat bolsters and your seat back bolsters, power or not, etc....I ended up with what looked light the seat on the left in the blue recaro material...loved those seats....I was wondering yesterday if I could order the bigger bolsters for the e21 recaros?

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Not a direct answer, but the original 320iS Recaro seats were a combination of N (bottoms) and LS (backs)--as indicated on the foil label on the rails.--jp

I dont know what the foil labels state, and I dont mean to be argumentative.......BUT..as a Recaro seller back in the day, the LS upper(backs) was never avail on a 320is Recaro sport seat from the dealer..

usually...perhaps not always,.. the Recaro aftermarket seats were always a bit unique and differed from most all seats by Recaro avail thru the dealer as factory options.

Having had an aftermarket set of big bolster LS seats...I can say the e21 seats are NOT LS seat backs...maybe seat bottoms? They do look like low bolster LS bottoms...the backs on the LS have a different bolster...but it seems like I can GET some LS bolsters for my e21 seats?Probably easier to just find a set of LS seats...Japan seems to be a BIG market for the LS...I see lots on Japan ebay...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

I was common knowledge in the 80's that the 320iS seats were a hybrid. This label was on most of the 320iS seats I have seen.

I dont want to drag this out..so Ill be done after this....and its only meant w/ love and the purpose of educating:

I never heard of std sport recaros in 320is cars to be a hybrid of any aftermarket recaro....was it really common knowledge?..I never heard of that...

I see the label a nd it confuses me...but the upper bolsters of an LS on 320is recaro oe sport seats......?......never even heard of such a beast.

Seat on the right looks exactly like the Recaro SE Driver's seat I have in my '75, minus the "SE" below the RECARO embroidery of course. If you ever feel like parting with it, let me know HAHAHA.

Ryan

Ryan...you may need some new glasses..lol....

your seat and the pic( by the OP) of the one on the rt are not exact....