• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT FRONT AIR DAM or SPOILER DOES YOUR 2002 HAVE??

vlados2002

Now Vern has the air dam installed, I really like it. Prohibitively expensive, body shop had close to 24 hours in it including paint and install with rivnuts and stainless philips pan heads and rubber washers.

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

in case someone happens to be searching back trough this thread (as I just was) kooglewerks (my little one-man shop in Northern California) makes and sells hand made aluminum vintage Motorsport style air dams, both long and short & can add molded in brake duct holes to any air dam....here are a couple examples: 

image.jpg

image.jpg

in case someone happens to be searching back trough this thread (as I just was) kooglewerks (my little one-man shop in Northern California) makes and sells hand made aluminum vintage Motorsport style air dams, both long and short & can add molded in brake duct holes to any air dam....here are a couple examples: 

image.thumb.jpg.ea3b1ca51d3b92e80fa456c3f977d385.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f375e6a6b626406de16166a08f3cdf54.jpg

I would like to have Kooglewerks make me a custom airdam. I have a long kooglewerks airdam already but want something with intergrated brake ducts and a center hole for a front mounted oil cooler. I've seen the website and I know it's within their scope. Let's make this happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1975 Polaris 2002 (RAT 02E), 1962 mini Cooper S

1994 Land Cruiser - expedition vehicle, 2012 VW Touareg TDI.
2002 restoration blog - http://rato2e.blogspot.com/

55 minutes ago, jdeitch said:

I would like to have Kooglewerks make me a custom airdam. I have a long kooglewerks airdam already but want something with intergrated brake ducts and a center hole for a front mounted oil cooler.

maybe it is just me...but i would never put an oil cooler down low behind an airdam.  its the first thing that gets taken out when hitting a curb or road debris.  cooler gets hit, oil goes bye-bye, engine goes boom.

brake ducts, yes.  oil cooler, no.

2xM3

57 minutes ago, '76Mintgrun'02 said:

That belongs in your neighbors swimming pool  : )

That's what I figured. Everything else on the car appears 100% original so I didn't want to assume. Seems like an odd single modification to make (other than the custom rust holes of course).

• 2 months later...