• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old School Spare Plug Holder (Revised)

ought2

I'm working on 5 of these, as that's all the aluminum bar stock I have on hand. Holes are drilled and tapped (14mm) to accomodate a set of 4 spare plugs. Aluminum surfaces are brush finished. Slotted hex machine screws are decorative. To avoid drilling into your sheet metal, 3M trim tape will be provided.

Email for further details or suggestions. (The bottom photo served as the inspiration.) Thanks.

newalum001.jpg

vintageplugholder.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, and i'm not bashing, but what is the point of this contraption? Why would I want one. It does appear to be well made, so throw me your best sales pitch...

And for all the smart asses ( myself included ) I know it's for holding spark plugs....

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Spare plug holders were, and still are an accessory favored by many vintge car owners. When plug fouling was a more common problem than it is now, it was convenient to have a nice set of gapped, ready to go plugs in a handy location, especially on a road trip. I've only seen one of these on an '02, but the idea appealed to me. Is it necessary? No, but neither are many of the accessories we each choose to personalize our cars. Below are some examples of other designs, some of which are still marketed.

post-5612-13667632439187_thumb.jpg

post-5612-13667632440183_thumb.jpg

post-5612-13667632440929_thumb.jpg

post-5612-13667632441435_thumb.png

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Those plug holders were almost de rigueur on T-series MGs, XK Jags, TR3s, Healeys and the like. And they were a cool accessory back in the day.

Meg Vanderliest's very original and accessorized '67 1600 has one of these plug holders, purchased undoubtedly from Vielen B. Haan, MG Mitten or one of those accessory stores when the car was new. Just don't mount the holder where rain water can get to it, or the plugs will be all rusty when you go to use 'em.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Those plug holders were almost de rigueur on T-series MGs, XK Jags, TR3s, Healeys and the like. And they were a cool accessory back in the day.

Meg Vanderliest's very original and accessorized '67 1600 has one of these plug holders, purchased undoubtedly from Vielen B. Haan, MG Mitten or one of those accessory stores when the car was new. Just don't mount the holder where rain water can get to it, or the plugs will be all rusty when you go to use 'em.

cheers

mike

Mike - the picture is from Meg's car. I took it in Eureka Springs earlier this year.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

cheers

mike

You sir would be wrong, I hate to say it, but I've owned multiple British cars ( still have a 65 spitfire rusting quietly in my shed).

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special