• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plugs for front license plate holes. I found them!

BMW0299

wow, talking about karma, I was looking at them yesterday at Lowe's and didn't buy because I didn't know what size to buy. what perfect timing, thanks

I think we're talking late model squaries with the bench-seat front bumpers, HTH!

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Will the Lowe's plugs match the black bumper? The ones I got from a BMW CCA member 30+ years ago in exchange for a couple of postage stamps have faded and turned purplish.

76 2002 Chamonix

06 530i Monaco Blue

18 i3 BEV Protonic Blue

87 528e Royalblau (Retired)

They look like they were meant for the bumper, same color and flush appearance .... and the diameter of the hole in the bumper rubber strip (after you remove the license plate holder from '74-on 02s) is 7/8" in diameter. So the 7/8" plug fits perfectly. -Raine

on my car this weekend and he was quick to find these.

I, too, received mine from Stan Simm 20+ years ago (they have "Heyco" on the sleeve) and they still look like they were meant to be there - nice black, not purple.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

What a find! I don't know how you did it. I've been looking for plugs for decades. Perfect, factory fit on my '74. You deserve a 2002 commendation medal with oak leaf cluster. Many thanks.

Original owner:

74 2002A Production 4-74

Upgrades: '75 mirrors, 320 driving lights, Weber, fatter tires, sound system.

Sold: 92 325i sedan 5 spd Production 8-91

Upgrades: Wheels, Borla, Bilsteins, sound system

Bought: 2012 Cayman

I mentioned in a thread a while back that Audi has perfect fit hole plugs that are retained by 3 little prongs - no glue req'd. I've had mine in the front of my ' 75 for about 20 years, with no fading - they still match the front bumper profile rubber exactly, and we've had a pair on my wife's ' 76 for the past 12 years.

Audi P/N 811 807 167 ( Audi "Description" is CAP)

Bob Napier

I mentioned in a thread a while back that Audi has perfect fit hole plugs that are retained by 3 little prongs - no glue req'd. I've had mine in the front of my ' 75 for about 20 years, with no fading - they still match the front bumper profile rubber exactly, and we've had a pair on my wife's ' 76 for the past 12 years.

Audi P/N 811 807 167 ( Audi "Description" is CAP)

Bob Napier

+1 on the Audi plugs on the front.

Mine have been on there for decades, got the tip from the local BMW dealer techs a long time ago. Did not have the part number, but was thinking about the Audi plugs as I read through this thread... and then there it is.

Thanks for the p/n, good for reference! But it sounds like NLA if not now then soon. Well, at least only one of my two 76 big bumpers retained the front plate piece that has the holes, and they are currently filled.

I will check tomorrow (6-15-10) with the Audi dealer parts dept. in Tucson, AZ and will post what I can find out.

Bob Napier

Checked w/ the Tucson Audi dealership and he said they are NLA but he showed two at a dealership in British Columbia. Post above showed that they had 'em but didn't want to sell them. So, looks like Lowe's is the current source.

Bob