• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Weekend in DC/NoVA (Last one before V@V!), HELP needed!

ClayW

If you've got some free time this weekend, I'm trying to get my new (to me) 1600 roadworthy for my first trip to V@V. It's coming along, but I think that I'm going to need a few extra pairs of hands to install the interior, swap door innards, bleed brakes, swap headlights, install driving lights and a million other details.

Also, a big thanks to those who have already helped on the "2 Month 1600":

Grice, Jay, Dudley, Bill, Marc C, Marc S, Jeff, Rusty, Chris, Jim, Dan and Cuttie.

THANKS!

We've got the car on the ground and we've just got a bunch of stuff to button up. I'll certainly buy lunch and maybe a beer or two for any willing participants. Huge thanks in advance.

We're at Nin Oh Four North Ivy in Arlington, VA. My number is 202SevenOneThree7653.

IMG00241.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Sweet jeepers, those wheels look nice! And that orange jack is right sexy.

I'll be here. Wake me on Saturday with the foul sound of a grinder, drill or Dremel and I'll stab someone in the face. Wake me on Sunday with the sweet sound of your motor and I'll cry tears of joy. Call me crazy, call me emotional, call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Mang that is a sharp 1600-2.

jgm

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

What are the specs on those wheels? congrats on being in the 1600 club!

Those are E30 steel 14X6's painted silver with Toyo Spectrum 185/60R14's. They're all-weather tires that aren't as sticky as others, but they do the job.

I really like the way that the wheels look on the car. Bottlecaps looked great on the `76, but would have been wrong on a 1600.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Clay,

I would love to come out and help again this weekend but I already have plans and I know that Rusty will be busy too. I hope that everything goes ok and that you guys make it on time. Best of luck finishing it up!!!

Chris

Clay,

Sorry, I also can't make it this weekend. By the way - John's wheels look absolutely FANATASTIC on your car... it was definitely the right move getting them. It looks like from your project blog that you sprayed your engine bay before installing the motor... can you post a good (updated) engine bay shot when you get a chance?

Thanks, good luck, and looking forward to seeing you at V&V.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Clay,

Sorry, I also can't make it this weekend. By the way - John's wheels look absolutely FANATASTIC on your car... it was definitely the right move getting them. It looks like from your project blog that you sprayed your engine bay before installing the motor... can you post a good (updated) engine bay shot when you get a chance?

Thanks, good luck, and looking forward to seeing you at V&V.

-Marc

Will do. I'm trying to get everything buttoned up under the hood before I snap a picture. It's coming along, though!

ClayW

Congratulations on the progress!

Just for you Marc - I took this last Saturday

pics5152010008.jpg

Clay - I might be able to squeeze in some time this weekend - still need to do some minor stuff to my car. Will stop by amid the flurry of activity. At least the 76 is out of the way.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Dang - your engine bay came out nice! Kudos to Jay for getting it all back down to bare metal and the rustoleum red respray looks good. If you have time, you may want to cut the long bolts post-spacer removal and place some acorn nuts there... or are you planning on running a bar between them?

Looking forward to seeing you and your ride at V&V.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst