• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smaller Alpina Flares

chrisx

At one time, on the older site someone was selling the smaller alpina flares. Does anyone know who this was and or who is selling these to date.

I did a search but seems that all information that was on the older site is gone at this point

The Alpina flares look like these.

Any and all information is appreciated.

CX

post-37583-0-03762400-1382583720_thumb.j

They are called Alpina Lip Flares - Dave Pineda used to sell them (dapbmw is his handle) and used to be on the FAQ store too.

Try sending Dave a message.

Or

Try contacting Alpina, apparently they still make the upon request (as mentioned by LarsAlpina - "Ask for Frau Miller at Alpina - she knows about it. And sit down before asking for the price!"

Also Jaymic in the UK has them:

http://www.jaymic.com/shop/parts_02_products.asp?grp=02BDK

Search is your friend (when you know what to look for :))

HTH Beaner7102

Edit - added Jaymic link

Edited by Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

I wouldn't argue with Lars about AlpinA making a set for you, however, probably unlikely unless you are well connected (and even then). While we love our o2's, that car has been as we know so long out of production so it makes no sense (economic) for them (AlpinA) to keep spares....and to make one-off's even less so (ask me, I know).  DapBmw's as I recall were made from original parts, you can't go wrong if he has some (or will make them).....and they were reasonably priced IMO.  This is what they looked like in the '75 tii AlpinA A4s car with 190bhp.......

post-38814-0-59126300-1382585976_thumb.j

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Edited by markmac

Sorrowly one cannot ask Frau Miller anymore, she is in retirement since late spring. Quite new situation - I do have to look up parts numbers now before I give Alpina a phone call to order something. With Mrs Miller it was perfectly enough to say "Need that part for this model" and she went "Allright Sir" or "NLA Sir" - she knew nearly everything right out of head even from the 70s.

On the red car above there are no Alpina flares mounted. I would think those are maybe rear wheel arch repair sheet metal or cut out from front fender from Volkswagen Rabbit.

Rabbit style (depends where you cut the sheet metal / orange car I´m not 100% sure on):

post-36854-0-78826500-1382600199_thumb.j

post-36854-0-91786500-1382600227_thumb.j

Real small Alpina (green car from US I think):

post-36854-0-29533800-1382600260_thumb.j

post-36854-0-90580300-1382600279_thumb.j

Zastrow (I do have repros of those for sale, located in germany though):

post-36854-0-06359600-1382600305_thumb.j

post-36854-0-68080000-1382600330_thumb.j

Different from Mark´s saying small Alpina´s are still a normal order item at Alpina as well as their front air dam for 02. Somehow out of time they still do make them by hand on order. GRP nowadays, have been sheet metal in the early days. As mentioned better sit down before asking for the price though. If you might have problems ordering them drop me a PM.

Best regards, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Like BMWnKTM mentioned, those are Rabbit flares. You can see his build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26375&highlight=wobbie

Also Chubby Chowder and Heist both have builds with the same flares

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/126610-california-roundie-revival-an-unusual-perspective/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/110268-the-heist/

Thanks everyone for their input on this topic. I thought that the flares that I posted in the picture were from Alpina and not the VW Rabbit arches. Seems like alot of work either way. More info is always appriciated. Keep it coming.

Thanks again.

CX

The red car Lars refers to above is actually very Orange. The front flares are Tabco metal flares made in the 70's which weld in or rather onto your existing fender, essentially giving a new lip. The rears are indeed Rabbit convertible and are easily trimmed as they are plastic and in this case are pop riveted to the quarter panel.

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

@RussTii:

If you look at what I wrote, I referred to the car in the picture chrisx has posted as being red. The orange car is definitely orange and that´s what I said. I just wasn´t sure about the type of flares - especially the front ones - for which you now clarified that my doubts were reasonable.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

• 6 months later...