• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here (Seattle)

New here, just bought my first BMW yesterday! I come from the world of VW's and Volvo's and I'm excited to get this little one out on the road. Its a 72 ti as far as I know, its been converted to an electric fuel pump but came with a new mechanical one. It needs a bit of love cosmetically but starts up and drives pretty well.

How many 2002 owners on here are in or near Seattle? Any weekly gathering spots?

IMG_5121.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

Well I'm Nathan and I'm out in the Issaquah, Bellevue, Renton area. But there is a number of guys in the Seattle area, we had 20+ at our last meet. There is going to be a 2002 meet at Alki on the 17th if you would like to join us. Also welcome to the crazy world of 2002's!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

WELCOME!

.......but we have a problem : you state - "Its a 72 ti as far as I know...."

please tell us the VIN number from the steering column,

from the right front inner fender,

and from the motor next to the sterter motor/timing hole.

Lord, We PRAY He Didn't Pay " ti " PRICE For A 2002 ?

Your about to be edumacated.

it should look like this under the hood ::

BMWti2002.jpg

and have a VIN number like 1680001 ~ 1696451 ::

0115022002BMWVINNos.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Hi,

New here too. How did you attach the pics? (normally I have my kids help me with the internet tech stuff) There is a meet at Alki on the 17th. you should go.

Thanks,

Rhino

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

Pics have to be sized correctly or you will not be able to attach them. When you are on the screen to post a reply/new topic you will see a link 'Allowed Extensions and Sizes' that will explain it.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Welcome!

I'm Alex and I'm up in Everett.

Car looks like a good start and a fun project.

I'm pretty new to BMWs as well. I can say personally that this crowd is awesome and always willing to help. You won't be let down.

Go to the Alki meet, I have to miss it :pissed:

-Alex

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666

.....above starter 1670177.....

chassis / engine numbers is the change over from "series I" to "series II" 1969 model year 2002's that occured at the end of calendar 1968 (mid-model year 1969) at chassis # 1664760 (running changes included long to short neck diff's, 2 piston caliper / single circuit to 4 piston caliper / dual circuit front brakes, 6 bolt to 8 bolt flywheel-to-crank attachment and painted black grill bars to anodized black grill slat covers).

Given your engine's position about 5,400 vehicles past that point, it's a fair guess that your block probably dates from somewhere in mid 1970 model year production.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Hi im Joe in Tacoma WA. congratulations on your purchase. Was this the one advertised on CL.Looks like you got a fine deal on this one.Are you in the Kent west hill Im guessing by the street sign in your pic.Hey ive got a couple of extra hubcaps if you want them for free . I make it up that way on occasion Ive got 6 02`s some run and some dont! call me at 253-486-4151 if you want those