• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Ti - YES- TI Seatle

jmon0261

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I SAW A ti DRIVING IN RALEIGH A FEW YEARS AGO .

I WANTED TO FOLLOW HIM TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT THE CAR

BUT WAS CAUGHT BY A RED LIGHT .

THE ti DROVE AWAY AND I NEVER SAW IT AGAIN .

I DON'T THINK IT WAS A DREAM BUT IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE ONE .

THE PRICE ON THAT ONE IS DEFINITELY A DREAM .

If it was black, it was mine. Car is long gone and was wrecked and parted out by the guy I sold it to.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

RIMSPOKE, what color was the car you saw? Any other clues besides a 2002ti badge?

Tony, this is not the car that is being restored in Vancouver. Previous owners I know of are Louise, Bill and Peyton. I do not know which Edward you might be talking about.

m-racer, any chance you remember the VIN # or name of the guy you sold it to?

Thanks!

vince

[quote name="vinceinIL

Tony' date=' this is not the car that is being restored in Vancouver. Previous owners I know of are Louise, Bill and Peyton. I do not know which Edward you might be talking about.

[/quote]

Vince I was referring to Edward from north of Toronto.

He was one of the people who mentioned I should contact you for info regarding my ti.

He had a "colorado" ti which was sold to someone in Wisconsin.

RIMSPOKE, what color was the car you saw? Any other clues besides a 2002ti badge?

Tony, this is not the car that is being restored in Vancouver. Previous owners I know of are Louise, Bill and Peyton. I do not know which Edward you might be talking about.

m-racer, any chance you remember the VIN # or name of the guy you sold it to?

Thanks!

vince

Vince, I will see if I have the vin. I brought the ti back from Italy in 1990. It had been worked over in Buchloe by the Alpina folks (tuned by Alpina, not built by them). I sold it in 97. Had I really understood how rare it was, I would never have sold it. Live and learn. Even including the other Alpina cars I have owned (B6, B9), that had to have been the rarest. I sold it to a young Naval Officer who was a member of our chapter with right of first refusal. He moved to Raleigh (thus, my comment to Rimspoke's post). He sold it (without ever contacting me) to a young guy in ATL who proceeded to total the car. It was parted out in ATL. I got a call from someone who recognized the car. I flew down and bought the steering wheel, the carbs (I had replaced the originals with webbers), the cr gearbox, the Scheels and the Alpina wheels. The rest went to the crusher. By the way, has anyone seen the car pictured in the original post. I would like to know more about it.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Guest Anonymous

I saw it two weeks ago. Dennis lives in Snohomish Wa./north-east of Seattle. I'll try to get his phone#.

M Racer, thanks for the info. I have no info on a car that could have been yours. So sorry to hear about what happened! The only info I have on a car in the south is John Fisher, of Anniston, AL.

I've gone through every Roundel, and always keep track of any VIN numbers or credible mentions that I hear about. Still, there are very few cars left, and many of the cars that do turn up are either in terrible shape and destined for the crusher.

vince