• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you ID this kit??

BLUNT

sascha10.jpg

I believe they look like these when mounted.

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Back in the late 80's, I ordered a flare kit from Korman and got those. They are fiberglas and pretty thin. They are also wide- 6" as I recall. Not really what I wanted for a road car at the time. I was able to trade them to Rick Haner. He had bought a set of Z-products flares which turned out to be too narrow (3") and too heavy for what he wanted. We both lucked out.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

The Z-products flares were nicely made. The gel coat was pretty damn smooth, not a lot a wavyness. The only bad thing is that they were made for the long point bumpers. I had to cut that recess out, flip it over, and dyna-glas it back in place so it would fit the short bumper ends. A bit more work, but that was when I had more time than money, so no big deal. I also filled in the fuel filler hole in the same fashion.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

unfortunately Z-products not producing anything for 2002 anymore. i talk to the owner last year cant remember his name but he wanted to sell me all the molds but i wasnt interested. FYI.

Somebody should get those molds and start producing them again!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I spoke to Rick Haner about 3 years ago and I believe he still has your flares. He emailed pictures of flares he had store at a shed somewhere that were similar to those pictured above. He offered them up to me to have molds made but at the time I was looking for more of a pig cheek style flare.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

unfortunately Z-products not producing anything for 2002 anymore. i talk to the owner last year cant remember his name but he wanted to sell me all the molds but i wasnt interested. FYI.

Somebody should get those molds and start producing them again!

I also called Z products, summer of 09, basically the same thing, he tried to sell the molds, but he did mention somthing about a group buy, i don't remember the details though. anyway talking about Z Products reminded me of this catalogue my old man had, too bad its really no good anymore : (

000_3917.jpg

000_3918.jpg

000_3919.jpg

000_3920.jpg

000_3921.jpg

000_3922.jpg

I would prefer metal flares over FG ones though, IMO metal is easier to work with

I would prefer metal flares over FG ones though, IMO metal is easier to work with

Then absolutely talk to Matt McGinn at Sports-Car-Restoration (SCR) in CT. I prematurely had him make me a set (pig cheek style of course). Now they sit in my garage, nicely boxed up and dormant, waiting for when I find the perfect roundie. They are a work of art. They are outside the box thinkers at SCR, so they'll do a one-off of really anything.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot