penth2o

Outrageous prices for Fleabay stuff.

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

If it stays at that price, it is not bad but who knows, there are dudes with deep pockets who don't give a shit.

Yep, It's crazy.

This is a classic economic example of supply and demand. I think someone who wants to win a concourse event might go as high as $250 or more for the washer bottle. I've seen some crazy stuff happen on ebay and even crazier stuff on Barret Jackson!

whats just as outrageous if not more is what ebay nails you to sell an item. listing fees,final value fees,paypal fees. . a seller has to charge stupid pricing to make a buck.

You are correct Sir.

Yes Steve, Fleabay is total bullshit. I have been with them since day one. I hate the bastards along with their sister Paypal.

I wish someone would come up with a better alternative. These bastards are killing us and it is no longer worth it.

It is rare that I find a deal any longer. I have to resort to going to garage sales, estate sales and local craigslist or when I'm delivering to people I look around and ask if their shit is for sale....

Fleabay does suck the big one...

I tried using a business model based around them and their fees killed my margin. I had to do A LOT of volume to make it worth while. If you are selling high dollar items the fee percentage is not as bas as long as you avoid ripoff.pal.

Guest Anonymous

You should additionally thank companies like Barrett Jackson and RM for their contributions to the old car business. It used to be fun

Guest Anonymous

You should additionally thank companies like Barrett Jackson and RM for their contributions to the old car business. It used to be fun

It's all across the board Joel.

Take a look at some of the prices for used items (mirrors for example) that people are asking in the Parts For Sale.

My parts cars could be worth more than my driver soon!

I don't sell much, but when I do it's a low price to another '02er, which appears to be a dying art unfortunately.

Hi Les,

Yes, I was just referring to that in a post above this. The used parts have sky rocketed also. It is almost like you have to buy a runner to use as a parts car to get the few major items you need now.

What part of the world are you in now?

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,335311/

Yea, my ethics will prevent me from getting rich.

I'm in India for a while now. Some "great" vehicles here.

or when I'm delivering to people I look around and ask if their shit is for sale....

dang, i wish you were closer, i have a bunch of shit i'd love to sell you. get it out of my life, kinda shit. not necessarily 02-related, though....