• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kugelfischer systems rebuilders

Mich

I'm searching for good Kugelfischer rebuilders. To send my old pump and injectors or to buy rebuilt one.

If there are some tuned systems will be perfect. I sent e-mail to the guys in this site koller.de, but i still don't have answer.

I found another site that the guys are rebuilding Kugelfischer and some Alfa pumps. They have Kugelfischer tii street system for $850 and tii High-Performance system for $950 and - $100 if you send your old pump.

This is the price list of the site:

http://015cb80.netsolhost.com/pricesheet.htm

Do you know something about them? Are these performance pumps are good and what is the difference between the stock pump? Where i can buy (or send my old one for rebuild) for good price?

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2719550 was manufactured on July 3rd, 1973 and delivered the same day to the BMW dealer Zeiss & Schwärzel in Mannheim. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

There is a father & son who rebuild them in the Chicago area. They are the best from what I hear & the most expensive, $1500. I think they rebuild the pump, distributor & maybe the throttle body. Check the tii registry.

hth

here ya go:

http://2002tii.org/site/?p=144

Precision Automotive Research

901 Hillside Drive

Bensenville, IL 60106

630 766-4402

David M. Redszus

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Better have deep pockets. There is no guarantee in any of these rebuilds by these boutique shops. Injectors cannot be rebuild back to factory specs unless they are like new. They add shims and lap them to increase the spring tension so they won't leak or piss. Then, to match the increased opening pressure of the injectors, KF pump needs to be re-calibrated for each injector. KF rebuild is also questionable, there are so many mechanical parts inside, it is nearly impossible to rebuild them completely to factory specs. They will add shims, washers etc to the valves to match them to the injectors, costing major cash. I would think twice. If I had the cash I would spend the money on NOS from BMW. Yes, it is very expensive but you are getting new parts which will pay off in the long run. This is my subjective opinion, you don't have to listen or believe. Just convert you car to EFI and be happy.

There is a father & son who rebuild them in the Chicago area. They are the best from what I hear & the most expensive, $1500. I think they rebuild the pump, distributor & maybe the throttle body. Check the tii registry.

hth

here ya go:

http://2002tii.org/site/?p=144

Precision Automotive Research

901 Hillside Drive

Bensenville, IL 60106

630 766-4402

David M. Redszus

$1500? that is cheap by today's standards. They will charge you at least 3K-3.5K for a complete overhaul in these days.

Better have deep pockets. There is no guarantee in any of these rebuilds by these boutique shops. Injectors cannot be rebuild back to factory specs unless they are like new. They add shims and lap them to increase the spring tension so they won't leak or piss. ..Yes, it is very expensive but you are getting new parts which will pay off in the long run. This is my subjective opinion, you don't have to listen or believe. Just convert you car to EFI and be happy.

Yikes Al! Did you have a bad experience with someone or some company before? I can tell you Bill Williams' Touring started up and ran like new during a chilly morning at the Pittsburgh VGP this year. As seen in the FAQ article, he had the Redzus crew at Precision Automotive Research rebuild the KF pump and match it to the injectors.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I also had Dave Redzus rebuild my Kugelfischer pump and you will not

be disapointed. He will want the pump, injectors and distributor.

When it comes back it will look and work like new. You will get reports from the bench test and as much help as you need in making sure

your car is running properly. Dave has raced 2002s for 20 years, and is a

great person and expert on these pumps.

Tops in my book,

Randy Anderson 74TII

$1500? that is cheap by today's standards. They will charge you at least 3K-3.5K for a complete overhaul in these days.

There are people who will rebuild them for less$700 - $900. Mine is going to Precision Auto.

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

As I said it is my subjective opinion that they cannot be repaired to factory specs, tried few shops (not Dave's) already for injector rebuild. I really should not and can't mention names here. How can anybody repair a worn out pintle (or whatever called) and injector housing eaten by rust and corrosion? Who makes the special springs inside the injectors? I don't think anybody makes them new, that is why they shim them which changes the opening pressure (increase). How much can you lap on a metal piece with 1000 Mount Fuji holes? Unless they are remade to factory specs, it is impossible. Can anybody really repair the KF pump? How? I opened one already and can tell you that there is nothing to repair unless old parts are replaced with new parts, but they are not available as far as I know, and of course, I am not an expert. So, if I needed to repair the KF system, and knew that it would cost over 3.5K, I would rather buy new from BMW, which will cost about 7-9 K complete including NOS injectors. I have 4 pumps and shit loads of injectors btw, and all are fu. They kind of work but..

I also had Dave Redzus rebuild my Kugelfischer pump and you will not

be disapointed. He will want the pump, injectors and distributor.

When it comes back it will look and work like new. You will get reports from the bench test and as much help as you need in making sure

your car is running properly. Dave has raced 2002s for 20 years, and is a

great person and expert on these pumps.

Tops in my book,

Randy Anderson 74TII

How much did you pay?

Mich,

I would go to these guys. They apparently bought the KF pump brand and technology. This is according to their website.

We have acquired BOSCH and Kugelfischer’s complete, original production facilities, brought them up-to-date and integrated them in our company, in our determination to ensure a lasting and secure future for the fascinating technology of mechanical petrol-injection.

http://www.koller.de/oldnew.pumpen.en,199_202,82457660270504341467474272657428.html

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I agree that the parts are limited in their ability to be "rebuilt" back to new standards, but good results have been attained by the pump guys listed on the FAQ.

For the price new parts command, I am surprised that a few Kuglefischer components haven't landed in Beijing for some Cantonese reverse engineering.

I am not endorsing counterfeit imports, but these injectors have got to be easier to reproduce than those Rolex Daytona's