• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I have decided on Duals weber or mikuni?

nbristow01

After a great FAQ thread I have decided on Duals...now which ones...Sounds like Miknis are great and so are webers...any feebdack is helpful

Cost wise, are the webers lower priced?

If i go Mikuni is there anyone that sells them with manf and linkage etc for my 74 02?

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Mikuni PPH (and Solex PPH for that matter) carbs and kits are no longer in production, so you will probably have a difficult and pricey experience trying to assemble a pair to jet and run correctly. Over the past year or so, I have also become rather concerned over the longevity of Weber carbs since production in Spain has been sporadic. A major distribution problem has arisen in the US because distributors are required to purchase replacement parts in unreasonably high (and expensive) quantities (Pierce Manifolds will confirm this). Nonetheless, current availability of Weber carbs and parts make the DCOEs an easy choice.

Euro....what are those you are running?

Thats not me, but I have a set in the garage...Its a bike carb set up that I have slowly been trying to configure. They are from a Yamaha R1 Bike, pre 2002, as they go injected later(with a TPS..?! Hello MS!). 4 X 40mm carbs. 85 bucks on ebay and they accept DGAV main jets. I am working with a guy to fab SS runners off of a Tii manifold to mount the carbs to.. Check it. This is what I have so far..

Also, check out www.boggbros.co.uk/ Pretty cool stuff...

IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Thats my car pictured above, it's a 75 with a highly modified setup of suspension and drivetrain. Yep has the carbs (mikunni) and I love then. I am in NC and the weather allows almost year round driving, the motor is a streetable 10.5 compression, 304 cam, twin mikunnis, 3.9 rear, mm close ratio 4 sp, 5 series front disc, 320I rear drum, 15" roto's and it also has a half cage, camber plates, billies all around. Yep stiff, but I love it and the weekend of the Vintage I put on over 1500 miles and would do it again tommorow, just not with my wife. The carbs can be serviced by Wolf Creek Racing, on the web, great folks, they cater to the nissan crowd but the carbs don't know that. Really nice folks. Miles per gallon can only be judged by the smiles it gives back.

Thats my car pictured above, it's a 75 with a highly modified setup of suspension and drivetrain. Yep has the carbs (mikunni) and I love then. I am in NC and the weather allows almost year round driving, the motor is a streetable 10.5 compression, 304 cam, twin mikunnis, 3.9 rear, mm close ratio 4 sp, 5 series front disc, 320I rear drum, 15" roto's and it also has a half cage, camber plates, billies all around. Yep stiff, but I love it and the weekend of the Vintage I put on over 1500 miles and would do it again tommorow, just not with my wife. The carbs can be serviced by Wolf Creek Racing, on the web, great folks, they cater to the nissan crowd but the carbs don't know that. Really nice folks. Miles per gallon can only be judged by the smiles it gives back.

Sorry about my forgetfulness - I really like your car and the way it handled in the twisties. Appreciate your comments on my driving too.

101709019.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

but what about a lynx manifold single sidedraft setup?

http://www.racetep.com/weber/0245single.html

from what i've learned it's the power of the sidedrafts, but with the tunability of a down draft w/little to no loss on the bottom end.

it's what i'm hoping 'mrs. clause' get's me this year.

good luck and let us know whichever route you go!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0