• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Guages

ZBock60

Where can I get a replacement speedo and tach. Maybe I should ask if its possible to repair what I have. My speedo needle doesn't go to zero when I stop, it goes to about 60, then goes to the needle when as soon as I start driving. The odometer works though. When I bought the car the green and black wire were swaped on the back of the tack and now I'm not sure if the tach is correct. I am new to 2002's so maybe the tach is correct but 2000 rpms sounds more like 4000. Thanks for any help.

You are likely to find a used replacement a whole lot cheaper than repair. Post what you are looking for on the WTB part of this list or try your nearest Pick-N-Pull.

If you search the FS section you will see that the price variation on instruments and clusters fluctuates more often than the stock market. Anywhere from free to some nut asking $800 on eBay for a early cluster.

If you can wait it out, you will most likely find a cluster on this list in the next 90 days for less than $75 bucks.

be fixable--and the fact that your odometer is working properly points to a funky speedometer and a still functioning cable. I did a column on repairing a speedo (in my '73) that exhibited the same symptoms as yours. If you'd like to try fixing yours, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

The repair isn't too difficult once you remove the instrument cluster, which you'd have to do anyway if you're gonna swap speedos.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Well I fixed my speedo last night. The imput shaft to the wheel thing was loose. But my tach still doesn't work it works fine up to about 2000 rpm but doesn't go any higher during normal driving. If I rev it, it goes to about 3000 is the highest I can get it but then it drops back to 2000. Any ideas or should I just start looking for a replacement?

Mine does the exact same thing. I've heard there is a setting on the back of the unit, but I've not gotten to it yet. Mine cut off so sharply I suspected a physical fault/ jamming. Maybe somebody can nail this for us??

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

Does anyone know which screw is the setting screw? I will take mine out and try to figure it out sometime soon. I'll write back if I find anything. Also while I was in the cluster I found that I was missing some bulbs to light it up. Can anyone point me to where I can get new ones?

Thanks

You can pick up new bulbs at your local parts store. And if you wanna get fancy LED bulbs are also available.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2