• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think? late euro nose?

BLUNT

i think thats a late kidney but its hard to tell from the angle. the car had plastic grilles but its a USA 72tii so someone appears to have put a later euro nose on it. does anyone see anything i dont??

post-180-13667615037799_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i think thats a late kidney but its hard to tell from the angle. the car had plastic grilles but its a USA 72tii so someone appears to have put a later euro nose on it. does anyone see anything i dont??

Yea to me, due to the amount of overhang of the kidney grill around the nose, it seems like it is a late kidney... it also seems a bit chunkier.

IDK its just a guess. it really is quite hard to tell

-Zsc

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Yes, it's a late kidney and nose. But it's not necessarily a euro nose. I'd have to see behind the skin to tel for sure. It could easily be a well done proper front euro bumper bracket conversion like my cousin Matt and I had done to his '74 Tii.... From the back side you can still see where the big bumper holes were patched in and the older ones cut out.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/Matt%20Tii/?albumview=grid

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/Matt%20Tii/027_24.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Hey...I have a car that looks just like that...lol

Sooo..... should I redo the nose?

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

i wouldnt. id use what you have. noses are over 9 bills and then youll need 1k in grilles,.. what if someone backs into your daughter?? itll look nice as is. look at keiths stella with black grilles and chrome bumpers... it looks great. chrome grilles are on back order anyway

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Mike in the parts for sale has a 72 nose..I am thinking I want to get it. What do you think? I just don't like the idea of having the wrong front on it even with all the other mods I am doing.

I am going to go today and get a bunch of pixs of the thing and email them to you.

Thanks

Marc

Mike in the parts for sale has a 72 nose..I am thinking I want to get it. What do you think? I just don't like the idea of having the wrong front on it even with all the other mods I am doing.

I am going to go today and get a bunch of pixs of the thing and email them to you.

Thanks

Marc

its hard to give you advice without sounding like a sales pitch to sell you more stuff. if i were building this car for a young inexperienced driver (not sure your daughter fits this description) id have a hard time investing 1k in grilles and another whatever in a new nose. but if you think she will be careful im glad to sell you the stuff. the car will be worth more at resale, if it ever comes to that, with the correct nose, grilles etc on it. the grilles are on back order currently so there may be a slight delay getting them. keep me posted which way youd like to go

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Thanks...I agree with you and I am sure something is going to happen with the car that will need work no matter how careful she is.

I will see what Mike withe the 72 nose says today and then decided.

Thanks

Marc

My '72tii has the small bumper openings with the later '74+ grills - I hadn't checked, but always thought someone probably welded in the center sheet metal to change the grills, but could have been a euro nose too. Either way, I don't plan on changing it, even though it does bug me it's mismatched.