• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

michelin harmony

ChuckR

hi, has anyone used the Michelin Harmony Touring (P175/70R13)? i'm looking for a good all season for my '69 running the original wheels. I have coopers right now and am not very happy with them. thanks Chuck

1969 Colorado Automatic (converted to 4spd)

1982 528e
1972 BMW R75/5

chuckrouthier.com

185/70 is the proper +1 , 175/70 is too small...

Yes, I second that 175/70's are too short. That 185/70-13 is the proper +1 tire size on '02 from the stock 13x4.5" to the TI and TII 5" up to a 6.5" wide wheel.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

hi, has anyone used the Michelin Harmony Touring (P175/70R13)? i'm looking for a good all season for my '69 running the original wheels. I have coopers right now and am not very happy with them. thanks Chuck

Chuck,

You left out one very important bit of information: What type of driving will you be doing with the car? Personally, I stopped buying Michelins several years ago (except for their excellent winter tires) because they seem to "cup" almost as soon as they're installed, Michelin keeps discontinuing tire models after a very short production run, making it impractical to replace just two instead of all four, plus they are over-priced, in general.

I've gone to Kumhos on all of my cars, with the 02 being the most recently re-shod. They're very reasonably priced (heck, they're CHEAP), seem to hold up quite well, and, although not the "stickiest" tires out there, they are adequate and provide good road feel (something Michelins were always lacking in).

But, it all depends on how you drive YOUR car, after all. What works well for me (and BTW, I hate big, fat tires on street-driven cars.......but that's just MY opinion and shouldn't keep others from putting fat tires on, if they want) may be totally unsuitable for you.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

thank you for all the info. my driving style is conservative, at times spirited. My current tires lose grip in the slightest adverse road conditions, e.g. they suck.

i had always gone for Michelins on my other old European cars and had great luck. I think my problem is the size, i'll upgrade size for sure and look at the Kumhos.

regards to all, Chuck

1969 Colorado Automatic (converted to 4spd)

1982 528e
1972 BMW R75/5

chuckrouthier.com

Seconded on the Kuhmo's. They run great, and I've only had them loose grip twice, during some rather I deserved to do that moments. I drove them through some pretty bad rainstorms without a problem. I can't tell you exactly what I have, but I believe they are Kuhmo Solus 175/70/13 but I could be wrong. I can check them for you when Im back home winter break....but im pretty sure that would be useless. Good Luck, hope you find the tires you need.

-Dan

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.