• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wife is so great....

jgerock

"My" '73 used to be my wife's daily driver, she recently gave me permission to turn it into a race car. How cool is that? I don't think she fully appreciates how much that will cost, and I don't know if it will actually happen, or when, but it gives me something to work towards. She's also put up with a rusting Inka donor in the driveway for the last six years.

Thanks for the comments (and more stories!). You know you've really done it when the wife and kids are Q-tip savvy. We witnessed this M3 family at the Pittsburgh VGP. They had removed the pivots from the pop-out windows to clean. Their car was very clean.

Fanatical E30 M3 Family

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

My wife goes with me to the junkyard sometimes. A couple of years ago, while still dating, we went to look for an E30 318i for some fuel injection conversion parts for my 2002. I grabbed the intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail and in-line fuel pump. I then realized I didnt have enough cash to buy everything. So my wife grabbed the fuel pump, wrapped it some towel we found in a junked car, and hid it in her bra! I paid for the other parts and we went home. My wife rules!!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

my wife grabbed the fuel pump, wrapped it some towel we found in a junked car, and hid it in her bra!

That could be the new title for the thread-

Sure, your wife is great, but would she hide a fuel pump in her bra?

When I met my wife(to be) the conversation went:

Her- "What kind of a car do you have?"

Me- "A BMW."

Her- "A 2002?"

I found that to be VERY cool!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I own nine cars. Need I say more?

When I drove up to Portland Maine to look at an early '72tii, I called her on the way home. "I bought it," I said. I went on and on about the original body panels (so I thought) and the original paint (so I thought) and how much money I thought I could potentially make on the car (so I thought). Finally I said "I think I know what I'm doing." She said "yeah, I think you do."

But that's not the good part. The good part was when neither of the above turned out to be as true as I thought (the original panels and paint), and I made a little money but not a lot. And she didn't say boo. You go, girl.

One of the great stories Maire Anne tells is when, 20 years go, I was parting out a 3.0CS. I was out of town and she got a call from a guy who wouldn't take "he's out of town" for an answer, and was trying to describe some trivial trunk part he needed. "Ok," he said, "you know how, if you stick your head inside the trunk, then look backward at the back panel, you see..." whatever it was. When I got home, Maire Anne said "I used to think you were bad, but now I see that, viewed against the broad scope of automotive wackos, you're actually fairly tame."

Here's to all of our spouses who put up with all of our shit!

Oh, and regarding the girl in the denim skirt standing in front of the inka '02 with the air dam, that makes my dick stiff... and the girl ain't bad either.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

When I met my wife(to be) the conversation went:

Her- "What kind of a car do you have?"

Me- "A BMW."

Her- "A 2002?"

I found that to be VERY cool!

In a college class I was hitting on the girl who would later become my wife, so I asked her what kind of car she drove. She asks me if I have ever heard of a BMW 2002...I knew it was meant to be.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

Jessie is the perfect 02 pilot's wife. During our cross-country trip last year, she thought it was great that we were driving a unique car. 10,000 miles and 26 states were a lot of fun. Lately she's been asking when we are going on a road trip again.

There are many things I love about my wife, and her embracing the 02 madness is one of them. Right now there are all kind of parts and tools on the kitchen counters, while I chase a gremlin or two, and prepare to perform surgery on the odometer. Because she considers Tip Top a member of the family, well...no problem with the occasional car-related clutter.

A few months ago, when I broached the idea of a car control clinic, she signed up too. And when later I said..."how about a driving school?" She grabbed her helmet and her Mini and we headed up to Sears Point (sorry, Infineon). At the car control clinic in Candlestick Park one of the instructors came to me and said..."man, your wife hauls ass on her mini!" We learned a great deal, and had a lot of fun too.

What can I say...I got The Girl.

And Jim...what a coincidence....just today Jessie and I were discussing car lifts. Bumped into this one but it's a bit hard to process the price. Looks cool, though....http://www.ezcarlift.com/

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7aq8e/continued/id25.html

Best,

William

Jessie and Mini

MF1A7655.jpg

Me trying to keep up with Jessie and Mini

MF1A8688.jpg

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken