• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little test run in the m20

powelli

I strapped a camera in the car and took it out for a little run down my test road last night.

Video quality isn't the greatest due to an older camera, compression and wind noise. I might try and load a less compressed video this evening.....or, I might have to try another run later this week.

Here is the link.

http://vimeo.com/6173296

Ian -

Nice road, where is it?

Hey Jim. It's Henderson Rd out in Clifton.

Here is the route. I only ran half of it in the video. Turned around down by Yates Ford Rd.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117450175720531739686.000470f2417c48b86e5c9&safe=on&z=14

I kept waiting for you to pass the SUV that you followed for two minutes.... isn't that why you put the m20 in?!

Sounds good

Norm

It's a little too tight for passing. I also had to be a little cautious as I was running it during prime deer time. Wouldn't want to be a "Deer Hunter" like Jonathan......Mao!

sounds good.....what is your exhaust set-up ?

and diameter ?

jh

Thanks.

MSDS shorty headers through a custom downpipe (2.25") to a 2.5" in/out Magnaflow 18" round muffler in the center section and then out through a 2.5" in/out Sebring muffler at the rear.

Ian,

just a ride in a very fast great looking M-20 powered 02.

WeeeeWowwwww

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Real nice i enjoyed the ride since mine has not been on the road for a few months. I like the sound, you only heard it when the you got on it. What kind of suspension are you running rubber or poly? did you have to beef up the sway bar? Was the camera gryo stabilized?

looks like a lot of fun.

Dave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

Hey Jim. It's Henderson Rd out in Clifton.

Today, I just looked at the map for your route. Last night about 8pm, I took Celeste out for a drive along the FFX Cty. Parkway. Turned around at the Ox Road Exit. Will have to check out that loop in a daylight run.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

What kind of suspension are you running rubber or poly? did you have to beef up the sway bar? Was the camera gryo stabilized?

looks like a lot of fun.

Dave

Mostly poly. Only rubber is on the transmission mount.

Suspension Techniques swaybars. 22mm in the front, 19mm in the rear. Got the kit from Summit.

No, the camera is an older Sony model. I just snapped in onto a tripod and strapped the setup into the car with bungees. I'll try to get things better stabilized next time.

Ian -

Looked at the map then headed out at 4pm today to scope it out.

Since I'm coming from FFX Parkway, here is the route I took:

1) Left on Lee Chapel Road (643)

2) Right on Ox Road (123)

3) Left on Henderson Road (643!)

4) Right onto Maple Branch Road (646) This was a big mistake! Speed humps.

5) Right onto Clifton Road (645)

6) Left on Ox Road (123)

7) Home on parkway.

Next time, I'll stay on Henderson Road to Clifton Road.

Henderson is a blast to drive! No deer sightings. I think my rear diff mounting bushings need replacing.

Jim -

Be careful if you decide to head down it.

Quite frankly, I was probably going a bit fast considering the deer population that lives in the surrounding woods. That said, it is still a fun road to drive even if you aren't going at a high rate of speed.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"