• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really? 2K to Re-Do My Front Seats?

FrozenH20

You can buy new Recaros for that price.

Did you try Mike at Tri Valley Interiors in Pleasanton, CA?

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Yikes! You could probably buy two brand new Recaros for that![/i]

exactly - thats the price i would expect to pay for some super nice seats, but i'm trying to best to keep it original and would like to keep the stock look. if thats the case then i'll just go with some 320i seats or something...

1970 02 Colorado Orange(sold)

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

Yopu can buy new Recaros for that price.

Cris

no i havent - its a farther drive and they need to look at the vehicle for a quote - i dont mind making the trip though, just armands was right down the street from me

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

Yopu can buy new Recaros for that price.

Cris

no i havent - its a farther drive and they need to look at the vehicle for a quote - i dont mind making the trip though, just armands was right down the street from me

Maybe get a quote and get armands to match?

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

That must be some exotic leather your getting =)

do you mind me asking where you had your 69's work done at? and possible price range you paid? i'm new to the 02 world, and also know NOTHING about upholstery so this is a whole new world for me and i dont know what to be looking for.

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

Maybe get a quote and get armands to match?

When i asked if price could be lowered if a paid cash, his response was that he already gives his customers the absolute lowest price he can do, and that he wouldnt be able to lower it....so i assume he wouldnt match anyone else's price either

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

I got the same quote from a shop here in Birmingham. They wanted to buy all of the expensive covers/pads and just put em on the frames. Hell, I could do that and cut their labor out. I got on line and found some. In fact, I found too many and have an extra set of front, professionally restuffed, in excellent condition. $500 if ur interested. They're blue.

post-16762-13667608268094_thumb.jpg

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)

take a look online at say, world upholstery, add up the parts prices and see what that costs. probably right around 1200 for the upholstery and horsehair pads, then of course the shop will mark up the price a bit for profit. then the hourly labor it takes, the shit adds up fast.

My seats are redone in red/black vinyl to match the paint, and restuffed with foam, with black piping, and look very nice. I can not believe that the cheap ass PO would ever spend more than $500 on it (that's in LA area).

I was once quoted $600 in labor for a headliner install while also being warned that he would probably "crack my windshield" at my expense.

might ass well make a trip to Mexico and have it done over there.

68' 2002 DD

The labor may not be unreasonable if he's making them up, but the cost of the materials is way out of line. If he's installing presewn covers, then the labor is too high. Bottom line, keep shopping around, but get references.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

take a look online at say, world upholstery, add up the parts prices and see what that costs. probably right around 1200 for the upholstery and horsehair pads, then of course the shop will mark up the price a bit for profit. then the hourly labor it takes, the shit adds up fast.

Armand's price does NOT include the backrest pads, just the seat pads, so upholstery world is about 600 cheaper.....though he suggested i go online cause i could find them cheaper, and he would still do the work for the labor charge.

THANKS for the link! now possibly there is an out of state store with similar pricing? hate to sound cheap but i'd prefer to work around the 90 bucks in tax i will have to pay from upholstery world. if not, its still a good price

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

I got the same quote from a shop here in Birmingham. They wanted to buy all of the expensive covers/pads and just put em on the frames. Hell, I could do that and cut their labor out. I got on line and found some. In fact, I found too many and have an extra set of front, professionally restuffed, in excellent condition. $500 if ur interested. They're blue.

i'd buy those in a nano-second if they were black!

1969 Charmonix 1600-2