• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600/2002 Emblem Positioning? Near Trunk Lid?

blogic

On 10/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, Neal Cook said:

Searching for 1967 BMW 1600 VIN 1531152, originally came from Pa. sold in 2011  but was told it went to Cali. Was just a Track Car, done in White  / Motorsport Stripes. If anyone has any info, please contact me nacook59@yahoo.com or on F/B Neal Cook Fredericksburg Va. Thanx.

Perhaps Les can look this car up on his data file.

Good luck finding it!

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

On 10/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, calw said:

You forgot the "puddle lights" for the bottom of the doors which shine roundels on the pavement at night when you open the doors.

BMW LED Door Projectors - Genuine BMW 63312468386

Oh god that’s awful ??
but I guess each to their own and if that’s what they like why not!

Edited by SydneyTii

On 10/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, Autostrada said:

But, if you're one of those people who likes to advertise the labels on your clothes and walk around with a big BMW roundel on your t-shirt and baseball cap,  you're probably the type that wants to stick a "BMW" roundel all over the car. some people just can’t have enough of BMW roundel logos. They have to be everywhere, on the horn button, on the shift knob, on the wheel caps, on the small caps to the tire stems, on the hood, on the rear panel, stickers on the windows, here, there and everywhere. I believe it is the Z3 or Z4 roadster, I don''t know what it is really called, nor do I care, which has this oversize and obtrusive BMW roundel mounted on the side of both front fenders. The entire car seems to be designed around those roundels which are the centerpiece of the car. I really hate pulling up next to one of these things at the light. I look the other way.

This guy's got you covered.

4189D9F0-983E-4D73-B5E9-39AE89BE6299.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, Carlos-Autostrada said:

The 66 badge has no roundel associated with it. And, I like that clean and low key look. But, if you're one of those people who likes to advertise the labels on your clothes and walk around with a big BMW roundel on your t-shirt and baseball cap,  you're probably the type that wants to stick a "BMW" roundel all over the car. some people just can’t have enough of BMW roundel logos. They have to be everywhere, on the horn button, on the shift knob, on the wheel caps, on the small caps to the tire stems, on the hood, on the rear panel, stickers on the windows, here, there and everywhere. I believe it is the Z3 or Z4 roadster, I don''t know what it is really called, nor do I care, which has this oversize and obtrusive BMW roundel mounted on the side of both front fenders. The entire car seems to be designed around those roundels which are the centerpiece of the car. I really hate pulling up next to one of these things at the light. I look the other way. The Z4 is like a woman with a breast augmentation and wearing those fake, oversize plastic nipples with little BMW roundels on the tips while attending a cheesy Hollywood party. No Thank You, BMW. I really don't care for your newer cars. And one BMW roundel on the hood is just enough.

Bristol Rear.jpg

114708_1.jpg

Have you ever seen a BMW 507? Look it up, they were built before your early 1600's. That was the inspiration to Z3/Z8/Z4 up to a point...

On 10/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, Carlos-Autostrada said:

The 66 badge has no roundel associated with it. And, I like that clean and low key look. But, if you're one of those people who likes to advertise the labels on your clothes and walk around with a big BMW roundel on your t-shirt and baseball cap,  you're probably the type that wants to stick a "BMW" roundel all over the car. some people just can’t have enough of BMW roundel logos. They have to be everywhere, on the horn button, on the shift knob, on the wheel caps, on the small caps to the tire stems, on the hood, on the rear panel, stickers on the windows, here, there and everywhere. I believe it is the Z3 or Z4 roadster, I don''t know what it is really called, nor do I care, which has this oversize and obtrusive BMW roundel mounted on the side of both front fenders. The entire car seems to be designed around those roundels which are the centerpiece of the car. I really hate pulling up next to one of these things at the light. I look the other way. The Z4 is like a woman with a breast augmentation and wearing those fake, oversize plastic nipples with little BMW roundels on the tips while attending a cheesy Hollywood party. No Thank You, BMW. I really don't care for your newer cars. And one BMW roundel on the hood is just enough.

Bristol Rear.jpg

114708_1.jpg

accidental double post due to posting time restriction. please ignore

Edited by golf73

9 hours ago, Carlos-Autostrada said:

I don't have to look up the 507 to know what it looks like.  

The 507 was the end result of a misguided decision at BMW to hand build a car for the elite such as Hollywood celebrities etc. Even Elvis Presley had an example. The 507 cost over $10,000 back in 1959-60. That was the price if a single family home back then. This decision nearly led BMW to financial ruin. It was the spartan and minimalist BMW 700, an economy car built for the masses and contemporary of the 507, which saved BMW, not the 507. The BMW 1600-2 exemplifies the same philosophy behind the 700. It is a winning idea.

The Z3, Z8 and Z4, like the 507, could never exist on their own, just like the CEO can't exist without the rank and file and the workers. They are arrogant and impractical cars marketed for the high income white collar professionals and Yuppies such as those in "Frisco's" financial district. And, like the upper echelons of the Capitalist order, they only exist on the backs of their humble workhorses such as the workers and the 1600-2. Sure the Z3,Z8 and Z4 pay homage to the 507. But, is that really something to be prod about ? I don't acknowledge those cars just as I don't acknowledge the bourgeoisie Yuppies. 

You highlighted your disgust for the Roundels on the front fenders. Thanks for the cut and paste 507 history lesson, though, bro.