• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

32/36 rebuild

752dbl02

Alright, i have found a rebuild kit for a water choke 32/36 carb (dont know what the abbreviation is) online weber.

How hard is it for someone who has never rebuilt a carb before to do this task? With the aid of the weber manuals?

And, would doing this help improve my horrible gas mileage?

And to pile on another question, what is the capactiy for 75 gas tank?

'75 2002

Photobucket

Rebuilding the carb is very easy, just get some carb cleaner and a toothbrush and your golden.

While your in there definetly check your jets.

Primary Jets

Main: 140

Air Corrector: 145

Idle: 60

Secondary Jets

Main: 170

Air Corrector: 175

Idle: 55

Is what is reccomended

http://www.zeebuck.com/bimmers/bmvseite/

Read that, easy things to do to squeeze a little more fun out of it.

Manual cable choke ? Electric Choke ? Water Choke ?

you need to see which carb model you have ?

read off the numbers on the tiny metal tag at top,

or the stamped in numbers at the bottom flange -

you may not even have a 32/36 for all we know

basic rebuild kit is the same for all 32/36 's

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

gallon can of carb cleaner with the little basket inside. They're about $10 at your local auto parts store and can be used many times. They will do a great job of cleaning the gunk off the inside and outside of a carb overnight. This'll save both your time and toothbrush to do the little bit of final cleanup.

Carb rebuilding isn't difficult, just don't mix up the jets, and be sure to reinstall the injector nozzle (the "bridge" that goes across the top of each throat) correctly; you can put it in backwards...and have no gas flow to that throat (ask me how to do this!)

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Manual cable choke ? Electric Choke ? Water Choke ?

you need to see which carb model you have ?

read off the numbers on the tiny metal tag at top,

or the stamped in numbers at the bottom flange -

you may not even have a 32/36 for all we know

basic rebuild kit is the same for all 32/36 's

I did clearly state that i found a rebuild kit for a 32/36 water choke car.

I just didnt know what the abbreviation for the water choke was....

I dont have a switch for an electric choke, and i don't have a lever for a manual choke, so i assume that i have a water choke..

I also see what appears to be the water choke assy. on the carb..

So i will post some pictures of the carb tonight, just for clarification.

'75 2002

Photobucket

check your fuel pressure. It might be a contributor to the economy problem. We have all the rebuild parts. check out www.weberjets.com or call directly to 1-800-665-5031

Overseas Auto

Vancouver BC

1-800-665-5031

always on MSN z5551212@hotmail.com

www.overseas-auto.com

www.weberjets.com

www.piaalights.com

www.thejimhilton.com

One bit of advice is not to dismantle the carb any more than you need to, there should be no need to remove the throttle plates unless it needs re-bushing (in which case I would take it to a pro). Also if you have never taken apart a carb, there are a lot of little pieces and some can go back together incorrectly, try to document how it comes apart a digital camera is good for that.

74 Golf

I also had never rebuilt a weber carb before. Purchased a rebuild kit, manuals, gallon of parts cleaner and went to town. It was waaay easier than I thought it was going to be.

P.S. if you do purchase a lot of parts cleaner, you could do as i did and let the carb soak for a day or so, don't know how dirty yours is but that is how dirty mine was. Read those manuals. The Haynes book does the dismantle step by step, worth its weight.

Once I finished I put it back on the car, did some minor tuning and the engine fired up.

Success!

76 Georgia Project