• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

megasquirt pros

whatrudoing25

Hey all i hope one of you can help me i've been fighting my car for days now. Ran before i did a few things, i built a new fuel rail because the old one was leaking, sealed off some leaks in the intake runners, and eliminated the relay board and built a more permanent harness, this is a msII on a v3 main board 4 cyl itb's. i can barely get the car started now, an can barely keep it running by really working the throttle, wont idle on its own or rev up for that matter backfiring out the intake flames and all, so i suspect a lean issue, checked and re checked injector wiring ran injectors in test mode all functioning, checked injectors for flow, didn't take any measurements but all injectors had a good spray pattern, checked the pulse width by backprobing the injector with my multimeter and it its the same as the mega tune screen reads, im running edis, the timing looks prety good on that and again im using all the same settings as i did before the rewire someone please help me!!!

I hate to say it, but you need to go over your wiring again. If that's not the problem, it sounds like it's too lean.

Remember that the harness is not the same for the relay board as it is for a direct wire I know that sounds simple but looking at the pins on the plug you can get into a mirror image deal. Ask me how I know. "Hey, look at that! I let the smoke out!

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I have no ideas, but stay strong and stick with it!

I eventually gave up on mine, I had taken too long and wanted to drive the car, so off came the ITB's and back on went the DCOE's. I had mine running, was working on tuning it, after about 3 weeks of changing settings, I think I shorted something, or who knows what, couldn't get the car started after that. Tried for another month to figure it out, and then said F it!

I have a spare motor I will try and get it running on first.

GOOD LUCK, stick with it!!!! Don't give up like I did, unless you just need to drive the car!

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

My first thought is the timing. How did you you check it, and how did you verify the firing order? What else did you change when you eliminated the relay board? Are you logging data? Send me a log and I'll take a look.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA