• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAQ Official Buyers and Sellers Feedback Thread!!

esty

Over the last month or so I've sold a bunch of '02 goods here on the FAQ and had generally-good experiences. The following folks communicated well and paid as promised... Esty (a couple of times, sweet as always), Al "Blue Devils", Bob Napier (a real gentleman), "Pinball81" = Dave (a patient guy), "dirk2602" = Dirk, "josh72ooh2" = Josh (having fun with his new '02), Matt Cantine, "illegalsmile" = Mike (Kentucky cool), Mike Wooldridge (who knew enough to get that Ti clock working), "vic74" = Vic and "bills2002" = Bill (who was able straighten-out some moldings which were damaged in shipping). Thanks to all.

Additionally, I purchased a 121 head from Aric (asvander@...) which was exactly as described - nice! I also bought a few items from Pierre a while back, and he, too, is a person I'd work with again (so long as we don't talk politics (chuckle)).

On the less-than-ideal side, I purchased an item from Andrew Goodnight in which there was some discrepancy regarding the item; while some of the responsibility was mine, he refused to offer any credit for an unusable (to me) item which - whether 'right' or 'wrong' - I did not find his efforts to be in the good spirit of the FAQ members. Use caution.

Esty is awesome and so are her rear seat delete kits. made with care and attention to detail. priced way below their value. get yourself one. you wont be disappointed . who would have guessed she'd become the carpet queen of the FAQ?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Got a boat load of parts from Tischer today and just wanted to say that they were often much cheaper than anywhere else, great service and decently quick with shipping. I have no complaints. Turbo lockstrip for 10 bux per... another forum member wanted 25 per... shame.

Achtung Lieber Himmel!

1976 Rot und Schwartz daily driver "Otto Q. Gilgamesh"

Got a boat load of parts from Tischer today and just wanted to say that they were often much cheaper than anywhere else, great service and decently quick with shipping. I have no complaints. Turbo lockstrip for 10 bux per... another forum member wanted 25 per... shame.

jack, its probably more fair if you list the member who tried to hose you on the turbo lock strips. people are probably thinking its me

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

anthony werre (woody) is a great guy to deal with. we have been doing bidness for years and every transaction has been perfect. his insulation kits are looking better every day.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 1 month later...

Great and prompt service, helpful advice, and a very professional rebuild and refinishing (better than new) of my REPA seatbelt parts. He also provided a very complete set of NOS installation parts! Thanks Al!

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted this a while back about the rust and shoddy work on a 1970 2002 that I bought from Brandon Browder in 2005 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas. I recently realized that he has been posting here under the username Brandon73fjord. See the following post for my description of how I was scammed by him.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,292077/highlight,beware/

In addition to the bad bodywork, I found many other things wrong with teh car. Just about everything with electricity running through it needed maintenance, if not replacement (I actually found wire nuts on the car). He told me that the engine had just been rebuilt. I replaced the engine a few months into owning the car because it burned a quart of oil every 600 miles. When I tore apart the "rebuilt" engine, I found deep scores in the cylinder walls. If any rebuilding had occurred, it was clearly limited to the head.

Everything else on the car seemed to fit the same MO; shined up for the sale, but crap underneath.

In retrospect, I might have been smarter about looking over the car more carefully and not taking an "I can fix that easily" attitude, but Brandon clearly misrepresented the truth about the car. He claimed to have spent "over $10,000" on the restoration, but clearly paid as little as possible for terrible quality work.

I might have chalked this up to his inexperience with old cars or 02s, but Brandon clearly misrepresented the car and later refused to make any of it right or return any of the $4,950 that I paid for it. Further, when I complained about it briefly on the board (without even mentioning his name), I got a few harassing phone calls and no regret.

BUYER BEWARE. I wouldn't buy parts or cars from Brandon Browder (formerly "BrandoninDFW", "Brandon73fjord", currently "tii73tii")

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

• 5 weeks later...

FWIW-

I just bought my first part from Blunt. He helped me ID the exact part that I needed and got it to me quick. Payment was easy using Google Checkout and communication was excellent. I look forward to doing business with www.BLUNTTECH.com again.

-Adam

1973 Colorado 2002 #2591715

tn.jpg

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to put in a plug for Brad Thomas or "bcthomas122279" on the forum. Great guy, good response to emails, picked up parts at his house and he made me a great deal on some other stuff I hadn't even asked for! Honest guy and represents the spirit of the 2002 community...

Thanks Aaron...just saw this. I'm still holding on to your other parts for mid-am fest.

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness

BLUNT's new payment method via Google checkout is so easy, you'll be buying more stuff from him (Steve). Shipments are always received quickly with good packaging. My last two purchases were the "M3" starter and (2) more Febi 6-hole guibos.

Shipping tip for sending small parts: USPS Priority mail is MUCH cheaper than UPS and FedEx. The delivery period is pretty quick too.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 1 month later...