esty

FAQ Official Buyers and Sellers Feedback Thread!!

280 posts / 175169 viewsLast Reply

put it here folks...post your good and or bad experiences with buyers and sellers

if it were me posting, i'd try to make my point for the benefit of others while being as kind as civil as possible

i'd suggest that you try not to use the thread as a place to argue about the feedback left by others

Danger Will Robinson!

beware of the seller, DenverTii, real name Bryce Veller in colorado...he only posts in the for sale forum, making long, flashy posts advertising enticing parts that may or may not exist...he's conned a lot of folks out of a lot of money by never sending the parts he collected on or sending them bad or unusable parts....read more here - http://bryceveller.blogspot.com/ ...there are also a lot of threads here at FAQ about his cons...search using google for his user name and real name for additional info

Edited by esty

WOW - great idea!

I have dealt with Esty, BLUNT, Grover, Pat Sloan, Scott, Bill Williams, JackF, Pat Allen, Otis, Paul Wegweiser, Justin Evert, Ian Pringle, AnthonyK, ToddK, Bob Breed, Bob Thomas, Corey Crelan, Dan Stachurski, HarryPR, Jason Miller, Jeff Anderson, Jon Hart, Karel Jennings, Ken Waldhorn, Perry Genova, Delia, Matt McGinn, Robspeed, PeteinJP... and more who I have left out... Brian Muldoon (BDoon) sorry i forgot you!

All are standup individuals who I would be happy to welcome into my home, let drive my car/s, would buy/sell from/to again, anytime.

Sorry if I left someone out - I'll add to the list as I remember who I've left out.

EDIT: I have never been burned by anyone on the FAQ and I don't have negative feedback for anyone (I have not bought carpets either :-)

Those on your list are very good people: & they are to be recommended. I would be surprised/shocked if somebody on this board tried to burn me, that's for sure. Never say never.... However, I assume the best until I am proven wrong. (that's not to say that I am naive and completely gullible, though!)

edit... donnie williams paid me

i have 4 other faqers id like to include but in all fairness after literally begging them to pay me they finally did even though some took over a month. donnie williams is the only one who has ever cheated me

Guest Anonymous

I have been in a crappy situation for over a year.

Please come up with a plan. I need my parts back.

Trying to be decent about this, but my patience is wearing thin.

very recently i posted a thread asking about a specific VW carb that i need to fit on my metropolitan...RIMSPOKE jumped in and found one in his parts stash..

long story short...i email'd ask for a price....much to my surprise and a few days later, i got a package from RIMSPOKE which contained the carb

he wouldn't let me pay for the carb, instead said it was a gift

RIMSPOKE is the kind of guy we'd all love to live close to and hang with....he's a great guy, a contributing member, fierce political advocate and a great person to do business with

thanks again david

deschodt...aka Gregory recently advertised a set of steel wheels hubcaps & tires ...i bought men with the understanding it would be a week before he could send them...

i got them early and they are much more than i expected...he said the tires were new, with 100 miles...i expected used tires...they still had the paper stickers on them and look as though they've never touched dirt...probably one of my best deals

thank you very much Greg....if i can ever do anything for you, please let me know

e

Guest Anonymous

I hav a suggestion. I like the idea of buyer-seller feedback, but I think this thread can become unwieldy very quickly and lose its potential.

I suggest three columns: (1) Yea; (2) Nay; and (3) Neutral. This way, before wading through all the posts, an inquiring party could more quickly just focus on positive or negative feedback. A little like Ebay's rating system without registering.

Gracias

since we're giving feedback to the feedback thread, i have some...

it won't help anyone unless you leave the user name or the name used on the forum when you did the deal...

my thoughts were that a user that wanted to know could use the search for the users name and locate the feedback in the thread

a lot of folks may not know real names but only know others by the nic used on the board

Since I'm sort of a newbie, I've had good experiences with Sherman Martinez and Dave Varco (Aardvark Racing). On the company side, I've been happy dealing with Maximillian, Pelican Parts, BMP, Bavarian Autosport and Autohaus AZ.

I left out two: Rob Torres @ 2002Haus and Carl Nelson of LaJolla Independant.

Steve (Blunt) has good reviews - his services may be next on my list for a passenger-side door seal and maybe some belt-line chrome trim.