• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free 2002 - should I bite?

PSloan

So, I have a chance to get a 100% free 2002. It's abandoned at a buddy's church - has been for some time. All I know about it is what I see in the pics.

What do you guys think? I don't think it would make a good parts car for my 67 1600. I don't really know what I'd do with it either - but I still want it.

Thoughts?

post-635-13667593903538_thumb.jpg

post-635-13667593905281_thumb.jpg

post-635-13667593907117_thumb.jpg

post-635-1366759390878_thumb.jpg

post-635-13667593910448_thumb.jpg

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot - no title is included.

Supposedly the car belonged to some missionaries from utah (Mormon church) who left it there. The utah plates make sense.

Of course no tittle, stolen cars usually don't come with one.

Mormons; you most likely won't find empty beer cans in the trunk. However, what ever happened to these missionaries? Hopefully no flies swarming about?

good luck, nothing is ever truely free.

But what do I know

So, I have a chance to get a 100% free 2002. It's abandoned at a buddy's church - has been for some time. All I know about it is what I see in the pics.

What do you guys think? I don't think it would make a good parts car for my 67 1600. I don't really know what I'd do with it either - but I still want it.

Thoughts?

Dude you are an addict. I say take it, if nothing else.. you can part for other people. Also send me an email??

Nothing is free that's for sure, but in by books such process is called "recycling"/storage/towing. Take it, and part it out. You will do a good service to the community, environment, and yourself. Technically, you can charge those Mormons $80 a day for storage. In case you have friends in towing business, they can assist you in getting the vehicle titled and registered ( that's how I have gotten my 02)

P.S. Those bumpers can be nicely cleaned up, and the head looks very clean (possibly fresh???) + a set of e30 wheels. Be aware that this thing does not really appear all that free-hopefully you wont be giving sponge baths to the elderly once it's yours

68' 2002 DD

Supposedly the car belonged to some missionaries from utah (Mormon church) who left it there. The utah plates make sense.

Yeah... I really don't think the car didn't belong to Mormon Missionaries. The LDS church wouldn't allow (nor would the local leaders) missionaries to drive a BMW 2002. They have a pretty structured (to say the least) lifestyle. Also, Mormon missionaries would not drive their car from Utah to proselytize. If nothing else the University of Utah sticker on the back window is a dead give-away... if they were missionaries they would have A BYU (Brigham Young University) sticker instead!! HA!

As for the car, I Say YES! Good Luck!

Cabe

1976 BMW 2002 - Sunroof

Thoughts?

Dude you are an addict. I say take it, if nothing else.. you can part for other people. Also send me an email??

What's your email addy again? I've lost it.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

Thoughts?

What's your email addy again? I've lost it.

slash at alberta02 dot com