• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm off to the Nurburgring Historics

Gordon

This will be a cool trip, we're stopping off in a small village in the Mosel Valley for a wine run on our way to the ring. I'm going to the ring with a fellow E30 owner from the bay area. Imran works for MB in San Jose and is on temporary assignment to the Mercedes plant here in Sindelfingen. I'll take lots of pics and have a report next week. Meanwhile it's Sommerfest here in Stuttgart

http://www.sommerfest-stuttgart.de/ I've come to the conclusion that Germans will make any excuse to throw a party/festival. I'll just hop on the U-Bahn and make my way to the fest after work.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

This will be a cool trip, we're stopping off in a small village in the Mosel Valley for a wine run on our way to the ring. I'm going to the ring with a fellow E30 owner from the bay area. Imran works for MB in San Jose and is on temporary assignment to the Mercedes plant here in Sindelfingen. I'll take lots of pics and have a report next week. Meanwhile it's Sommerfest here in Stuttgart

http://www.sommerfest-stuttgart.de/ I've come to the conclusion that Germans will make any excuse to throw a party/festival. I'll just hop on the U-Bahn and make my way to the fest after work.

G-Man

Where on the Mosel are you staying? That's a great area to hang.

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Wow, that sounds like fun. My parents have been to that area. My Dad apparently is a fan of the Autobahn/rental car combo.

Post some pics when you have a chance. I'll be the cars are cool, but it will probably be all about the atmosphere.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

The questions is......Is Nurburgring ready for the G-man?

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Guest Anonymous

I hope you have a great time and are able to get onto the Ring, either with Sabina's ?Taxi, or in your own car. My friend is writing an article for Bimmer mag about his journey to the Ring, and on it. My dream is to take my 2002 to the Ring. Crazy- ya probably, but it is possible. All it takes is for the Euro to take a precipitous slide down, and a lot of time, and prep.

• 11 years later...