• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

• 1 month later...
BBS RM 15x6.5&7. 195/50 front, 205/50 rear. GC front coilovers. cut rears.

dsc7497.jpg

dsc7490w.jpg

dsc7463.jpg

Panasport 14x6. 195/60. IE Front coilovers. cut rears

dsc31232cq0.jpg

dsc31552ds3.jpg

Hey Ray,

How much clearance do you have from the backside of the tire/wheel to the coilover perch?

Hey Ray,

How much clearance do you have from the backside of the tire/wheel to the coilover perch?

On the Granada with the GC, I had to use a 10mm spacer and down to 195/45. I think 8mm would be enough too. I'm thinking it would be about the same if I put these wheels on the M2 with the IE CO.

Thanks. So you're overall ET is around 25?

Hey Ray,

On the Granada with the GC, I had to use a 10mm spacer and down to 195/45. I think 8mm would be enough too. I'm thinking it would be about the same if I put these wheels on the M2 with the IE CO.

With an 8mm spacer, yes. And that's kinda where you want to be.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Hey Ray,

Cool. That is a relief. I have 16X7 205/45 on all fours with ET25. I've building some coilovers now and was getting nervous about the clearance on the backside.

Hey Ray,

Cool. That is a relief. I have 16X7 205/45 on all fours with ET25. I've building some coilovers now and was getting nervous about the clearance on the backside.

Hi Colin, Just FYI - I test fit a 16x7 et28 and it didnt clear the the perch of the GC coilover. Also test fit a 15x7 et25 and that did fit (just) but ended up running a small spacer (I think 5mm). It might be a case of just seeing how you go.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Thanks for that, Tom.

Did you test it with the kits built by Ground Control, or the DIY kit? I noticed that the perches are slightly different between the two in such a way that will effect clearance.

My kit was supplied by cj who did the organisation with GC - They shortened the struts and fit the coilover unit circa 2008 (IIRC). Maybe they've changed the design since? I can't see it on their site anymore, but they used to do a whole front and rear setup which is what I got. Pic for reference at highest setting.

5384389796_7fbe068ec6_z.jpg

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Thanks for that, Tom.

Did you test it with the kits built by Ground Control, or the DIY kit? I noticed that the perches are slightly different between the two in such a way that will effect clearance.

My kit was supplied by cj who did the organisation with GC - They shortened the struts and fit the coilover unit circa 2008 (IIRC). Maybe they've changed the design since? I can't see it on their site anymore, but they used to do a whole front and rear setup which is what I got. Pic for reference at highest setting.

5384389796_7fbe068ec6_z.jpg

Looks great. I love your car.