• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acura Integra Front and Rear Seats

So I sold my '73 tii (someone had posted a link to it on this site), but not a month later I happened into a very similar '73 2002 -- very solid, but partially apart, and with a poor interior.

I was reading the seat faq and am intrigued by the idea of transplanting both front and rear seats from an Acura Integra. The faq shows the rear seats fitting very nicely. Does anyone know what year range Integra that's from?

--Rob

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

I thought it was the 1st gen but there's a post a day or so ago where the guy had put second gen front seats in... it seems to just be about the fabrication needed. I think 1st gen seats will be easier, tho. Just my 02 cents

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant

Fronts need adapted seat tracks, and then sit too far towards the door

(by about 3/4")

but I think 1 and 2 gen both work. They are good seats if you get them

for cheap, and they fit me pretty nicely at 5'10" and 200+ lbs...

I like 'em.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

As I'm looking in the New England area, I'm seeing tons of Integra and Civic seats for $50/pair. For that, I can be wrong about both fit and color several times and STILL come out ahead of what people are asking for beat-up 320i Recaros. I guess the trick is finding something that 1) has a flat bottom so the seat rails can be adapted, and 2) jives with your sense of propriety regarding visual integration into the car. I'll let everyone know what I wind up doing. --Rob

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

I used a set of Integra seats that have a kinda square frame headrest (hollow in the middle). Not sure what year these came from - BUT, the stock 2002 seat rails bolt up to them if you redrill one hole in each rail. The seat adjustments work, they go back plenty far (I am 6'-4"), and there is no width or position issues.

I think your biggest issue might be finding seats with nice upohlstery. I have 2 sets of cloth Integra seats, and they show some age (but I find them more comfortable than the Corbeaus in the E30!).

I have never heard about the Integra rear seats. That might be something I have to look in to!

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i

I've got integra rear seats. wish i could tell you which year they're from, but i have no clue. It's the kind with no headrest on the back. if you do a search, you'll prolly find a better description from me, along with pics. most people think they're stock, but the really observant people wonder about the split-fold function, since you can't do that with an 02 and the structural metal between backseat and trunk. so then i gotta say they're from an integra...

and yeah, u gotta cut some metal from the back of the rear seat, and figure out a way to bolt the upright portion in place. Otherwise, they fit nicely.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• 2 years later...