• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

inka with blue interior?

robsanab

I'm going inka on my 75 and i have a worn blue interior (planning to replace carpet and get new cards and vinyl touch up paint for the doors) with new black recaros. I don't care for all black and the fabric on the recaros (SE style) is horrible (soft, velor-like fabric that water stains, picks up everything in it's fibers and holds them, won't even vacuum out easily), so I will likely recover them at some point.

Does the navy blue go well with the inka? was that a factory possible combo? I'd like to avoid all black and look like a halloween costume.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Just tell folks you're alma mater is the Fighting Illini from the University of Illinois.

Or, stay with black and orange and say you went to Princeton.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

go with balck...or tan/brown/saddle if you wanna be a little different. But, the balck is perfect with Inka.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

I like Blue with orange it just has to be the right shades of the 2 colours to make them look good

true, true. orange and blue are actually complementary colors on the color wheel so it should be eyecatching.... i just think the bmw blue might not be the right shade to go with inka. depends on the car, too, as i've seen a lime green lamborghini miura that had a blue interior, it was the original combo, and i liked it although it went well with the wild design of the car itself.

if you're sure you don't want black, go with a tan or brown shade as someone else suggested. if you're thinking black, get the salt n' pepper carpeting instead of plain black to help offset all the black and lighten up the interior.

thanks for the suggestions... I don't have my car with me and so I found a good color sample from Dave's Aardvark site. It reminded me of how very dark the navy blue is... I think it just may actually look really good.

Also, looking for a car picture with this color combination I found these instead (if you're interested)...

From a fashion website (note: "sporty"):

Navy and Orange

When you think of navy, you think classic, demure, and traditional. And when you think of orange, you think dramatic, funky, and sporty. We love wearing the two together for a classically sporty look. Your best bet: Pair navy trousers with a simple orange sweater shell or long-sleeved silk tee; top with a navy blazer for a modern take on a suit. On your feet, go for navy or black oxfords, or, if you're feeling really funky, orange-accented trainers.

a survey of cover designer's:

Red - orange - blue

Based on numerous split tests and feedback from my

customers, the absolute combination was formed from red,

orange and blue - or, to be more specific: dark blue. :)

The blue color adds the touch of confidence - needed by each

of us before we make the buying decision - to the red-orange

combination.

and finally, as you mentioned golf73, the definition of complimentary colors:

"The use of complementary colors is an important aspect of aesthetically pleasing art and graphic design. This also extends to other fields such as contrasting colors in logos and retail display. When placed next to each other, complements make each other appear brighter. On an artistic color wheel, complementary colors are placed opposite one another. Although these artistic complements may not be precise complements under the scientific definition, most artistic color wheels are laid out roughly like the HSV color wheel discussed above."

On the HSV color wheel the opposite of orange is blue.

So there you have it... sorry for asking the question. Actually no, if it weren't for all the emphatically negative comments on the combination I would not have become so sure about how they will indeed work together! it's just what I want... sporty and funky, yet classic and confident. All the reason's why I drive her!

I'm finding it's those subtle contrasts of similar colors, like steve's recent issue, that make for the most hideous color clashes.

Rob

Rob

yep one of those. I am not a purist and will likely always have this car... then one of my daughters can have it and put a hydrogen or electric conversion kit in it.

seriously, i am no purist... it's fun, reliable, cool looking transportation and keeps one more new car from being built (two if you count my older car that is also modded and I will keep forever... 66 mustang vert) ... and I want Inka! I'm ready to brighten up my life.

It will be done as 'right' as possible without it being a rotisserie project. the engine and tranny will be out and all the moldings, trim and seals taken off... it will be fairly thorough... all rusted body work needed will the replaced with metal, etc.

Rob