• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trunk well covers

O2guy

Gotta couple of ?'s Is the original vinyl available anywhere? Couldn't find it on Max. Best attachement method - vinyl to wood (spray, roll-on). If I wanted to cut new wood, what would work best?

Many thanks all,

Jim

Jim

'73 Malaga #2590259 - almost done!

Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

the vinyl was available a month or 2 ago. not sure now but most likely is.

i used 1/4 inch birch plywood and sealed it with a couple coats of poly. then 3m spray adhesive with staples on the back side. works good lasts a long time

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'm redoing my trunk starting with removing the roofing tar or driveway sealer a PO applied to all of the metal. I've test stapled using 1/4" staples some luan covered with vinyl and had the staple points almost poke through. Did you apply some sort of shim around the perimeter of the panels? I'm also having trouble finding a wingnut to hold the spare down. Our local BMW dealer claims it's NLA. Ideas? TIA

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I'm redoing my trunk starting with removing the roofing tar or driveway sealer a PO applied to all of the metal. I've test stapled using 1/4" staples some luan covered with vinyl and had the staple points almost poke through. Did you apply some sort of shim around the perimeter of the panels? I'm also having trouble finding a wingnut to hold the spare down. Our local BMW dealer claims it's NLA. Ideas? TIA

YES , i took strips of the same vinyl and doubled it over and used them as strips to take up a bit of length. if done neatly it looks good. not that anyone would ever see it but still

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Washer? I don't have that either. All I have is a threaded rod in the tire well and a threaded rod for the jack. Does anyone have a photo of what it should look like? Someone has also stated that the spare had a dish nut. Maybe I should just carry "spare in a can" ...

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg