• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I buy a NEW front windshield?

LT1BMW

From your BMW dealer. Mine was around $200 about 3 years ago, and no shipping charge. I had a mobile glass guy come install it - he had the lock strip tool and made it look easy.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

From your BMW dealer. Mine was around $200 about 3 years ago, and no shipping charge. I had a mobile glass guy come install it - he had the lock strip tool and made it look easy.

I second that, you may be able to talk them into a small discount too. You can probably find cheaper, but they are crap, the first small stone and you can kiss it good bye. The OEM one has a cool looking logo too.

FAQ Member # 91

I'll third that. I bought mine from BMW a couple years ago and it was VERY reasonable.

Too bad the a$$hat that installed it cracked it.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Guest Anonymous

I would recommend a new rubber surround. It makes it easier to install and will help seal the window. When you order it make sure it is correct for your body style since some require a seal that turns the window into a shear panel that helps stiffen the chassis. The clew is a serrated frame around the window that fits into the rubber surround.

Have fun

I first did an aftermarket "Pinkerton" windshiel from a glass guy the body shop uses on my M635. It was $300 installed and when I got the car back, you could see what looked like sandblasting in the laminations when you were in the sun. I took the car back and insisted on OEM BMW glass from the dealer. Turned out, the dealer glass was no more expensive and it was perfect, logo and all. Stay away from these aftermarket brands, they are crap.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

so your new one from the dealer might have either mark on them, depending upon how long it's been in their stock. That is not aftermarket.

Go whole hog and get the new gasket, lock strip and metal center clip (although they can last forever if not damaged during glass replacement).

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif