• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 spotted in a weird place

Turb02

I have been driving to Scott AFB for about 6 years and never noticed it until yesterday! Its in the side yard of a yard ornimant shop half covered by either a black tarp or a solid plastic bedliner. Its a big bumper squarie and the color is a light blue (whats the name?). I am planning on stopping by today on my way home to take a look at it, give the store owner a sap story about my grandfather having one the same color back in the day and had to sell it but has been looking for one for years and see if they are willing to let it go for cheap...depending on the condition of course.

I will take pictures with my blackberry if they let me and I will let everyone see if as well.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Light blue = Fjord. Don't appear to be over-eager -- merely offer to take it off their hands. If they are at all sentimental about it, they should be pleased to hear you plan to make it fully roadworthy again....

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

nonetheless, I cant wait for the end of the day!! Being an IT project manager can only be interesting for so long.

I think I will leave a litle early "for school tonight" so I can take a look at this car.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

I love Pastelblau. My 69 was repainted Pastelblau before I got it and enjoyed it that way for years. I wouldn't mind having a late 02 in that color. Even a first year 320i in that color would be cool.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I have been driving to Scott AFB for about 6 years quote]

Really, and you still haven't made it? Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with the find.

Cheers,

bill

Yeah, I take the scenic route!! I'm on my blackberry so when I get in class I will tery to post the pix that I took. There wasn't an engine in the car, nor a hood on it but it looked to be in good shape. I did see a little rust on the under side of the ds a pillar. Possibly growing from the frame rail but until I can get ahold of the shop owner I cand really take a good look at the car as it is behind a fence. There is a "touring" mg right next to it that is in worse shape but the body style looked neat. Give me about an hour to get the pix posted.

Btw, Dark interior,either blk or dark blue.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

yeah its spotless, almost cant see it.

The body, what I saw of it was really straight minus the chrome trim which was dented a bit.

Im curious to see what they are asking for it without the motor. We'll see tomorrow.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

there's been a black squarie on big bend just south of clayton rd. at a shop for years. on one of our visits back to stl i stopped in the shop and talked to one of the mechanics. apparently it's a customer car that has just been taking forever...or some similar story. i wonder if it's still there?

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

there's been a black squarie on big bend just south of clayton rd. at a shop for years. on one of our visits back to stl i stopped in the shop and talked to one of the mechanics. apparently it's a customer car that has just been taking forever...or some similar story. i wonder if it's still there?

Are you a STL native? do you live around here?

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

This car used to be Malaga when I got it but was originally Sahara.

My wife saw a Pastelblau 76 and suggested I paint my car the same color.

I did.

post-352-13667588026258_thumb.jpg

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Well it does come with the motor and tranny, rebuilt motor a while ago (he says it needs all new seals and gaskets tho). he is ASKING 800.00 If anyone here is interested in this car I can put you in touch with the owner. I have not looked at the car since I took the original pictures but I can go there and get more detailed and better pictures of inside and under the car if someone is seriously interested.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold