• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad sad day...My baby got mangled up...

My brother was re-parking the car when he pulled out and got struck by a car 45-50 miles per hour. Lucklily everyone is ok and walked away from this. But this is what is left of my clean no rust project car...Hope insurance does not cheat me out of the price...But we can never put a price tag on the blood and sweat we have put in to our baby...and not to mention LOVE!!!

Be careful out there guys and gals...be safe!!!

post-3448-13667586520868_thumb.jpg

Jared,

Do you mean get comps from local classifies???

Car has

5 speed conv.

38/38 weber

Bilstein sports

Susp tech springs

poly bushings front and rear

new suspension goodies

rebuilt motor about 30k ago

BBS 15" RA with brand new tires.

Tii front brakes

rebuilt fuel tank

recaro seats

Nardi steering wheel

And was very straight and clean tub...never in any accidents before this.

I was the 3rd owner. Previous owner was Chris of IE!!!

Any suggestions or help regarding insurance claim please chime in...

yes, comparable cars from classifieds, ebay bidding, hemmings just had an article with market value, blue book etc. I would just try to overwhelm them with evidence showing the car is worth a lot.

also, it would be great to avoid the salvage title. So you would have to show the car is worth more than than the repair would be. It already sounds like you might have a lot, but borrow more reciepts for engine upgrades, transmission etc. I know it is a little shady, but I have no problem sticking it to an insurance company to save an 02.

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner

Ow!

But nobody hurt (other than that great sinking feeling in your gut) and that is important.

Take a deep breath this weekend, count your blessings, and then plan your attack for Monday. We are here to lend support and many of us have some advice to share should you want it.

Chin up!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Ow!

But nobody hurt (other than that great sinking feeling in your gut) and that is important.

Take a deep breath this weekend, count your blessings, and then plan your attack for Monday. We are here to lend support and many of us have some advice to share should you want it.

Chin up!

Brutal hit but, again, thankfully no injuries! Best of luck with the ins. co...