• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bring back the Datsun 510/BMW 2002/Alfa Giulietta

Google News Alert for: "bmw 2002"

Mark Vaughn

Automotive News - USA

Bring back the Datsun 510/BMW 2002/Alfa Giulietta (my favorite car of all time is the Lancia Appia). Those were inexpensive and yet so well-balanced and fun ...

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/CW/20070103/FREE/70102016

Ray,  Current BMWs, 1973 BMW 2002, Turkis, and 1997 BMW 318i 5sp avus blue.  Drove a lot and sold over the years, in reverse chron.

1997 m3 coupe silver, 1998 318ti red, 1996 318ti red,

1973 2002 Agave, 1971 2002  GM brown

Ray,

I really like those older 4 door Alfa Berlina's, saw a nice white one here in town about 2 months ago. Ray, tomorrow night, on the "Dead Hour" here, 9-10pm, tunes from the 1978 closing of Winterland, too bad they can't stretch it a couple more hours!! That concert will be on PBS in the future.

Tim

'69 2000

Norm and I talked about this a while back when I was in Sac. I got sucked in by Volvos because they were the only things like that that were left. I always wanted a decent 75 Alfetta sedan. A 510 would be cool too. A friend of mine that did a little work for GRM back in the 90's had one I found in NC. It became a GRM project car and was very cool.

I think the closest thing to what you were talking about that is new is the WRX.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Guys, how about some of the older Opel's, the Ascona is a neat car. I've seen them on ebay.de pretty often. I did some painting and wallpapering for a guy in the late 1980's and he had a 1967 Alfa Duetto, beautiful car, his wife had an E-12, 530i.

Tim

'69 2000

Hey I had a 72 Opel Ascona It was a great car probably the most over looked car of the time, you can't blow up that engine no matter how hard you try and it's probably the best handling live axle sedan you'll ever find, way ahead of (dare I say it) alfas de deon set up of the time. It's the only GM car that I ever had any use for at all.

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.

A few years ago at Lime Rock I saw a Brown Kadet with big wheels and tires on it. It looked real clean but I think it was an automatic.

I always likes the Manta too.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Hey I had a 72 Opel Ascona It was a great car probably the most over looked car of the time, you can't blow up that engine no matter how hard you try and it's probably the best handling live axle sedan you'll ever find, way ahead of (dare I say it) alfas de deon set up of the time. It's the only GM car that I ever had any use for at all.

Yes, the motors are bullet proof. I have a 2.0L Euro spec. engine with a 5-speed Getrag.

Loewered, Weber 32/36. S.S. Exhaust, Recarros, etc., and it handles better than any '02 I've ever driven.

The (rear) wheel wells can accomodate HUGE tires as well.

8-)

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Yes, the motors are bullet proof. I have a 2.0L Euro spec. engine with a 5-speed Getrag.

Loewered, Weber 32/36. S.S. Exhaust, Recarros, etc., and it handles better than any '02 I've ever driven.

The (rear) wheel wells can accomodate HUGE tires as well.

8-)

guess whose tracks these are leading up to where we jumped the curb??? and guess what car we were in??? thats right, that great handling opel of jonnys. im still picking dirt out of my lucious blonde locks. i thought id never see my family again. by the way, we hit the curb after doing a 180 coming thru the previous turn at about 60 mph.

nyc002.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

ive always found that as the 02s ace in the hole, it may be slower than a few cars but at 100% its like dancing and just loves it whether it has grip or not.

those look like the skid marks my brother layed down in my dads e39...

very scary and there was a guard rail added in. luckily crumple zones made it almost unnoticed. never really liked that car or the way it was when pushed....

-Marty

'73 Atlantik-Hubert-

R 1 3

'-|--|

2 4