• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(nt)

Otis

of the Oregon Border), Miner St exit, about one block west of the freeway - great breakfasts, open 'til 9 pm

Nation's Giant Hamburgers, multiple locations in the SF Bay area. Great cheeseburgers & homemade pies.

Woody's Pizza, Cambria CA - Main St, a couple of blocks off Hwy 1 near Moonstone Beach. Haven't been in Cambria in a couple of years, but had the best bbq chicken and mushroom pizza I've ever had anywhere there.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

On highway 101 about 80 miles north of the California border.

from a recent Oregonian article:

'A bit farther down the coast, a stop at the Langlois Market (48444 Highway 101, Langlois; 541-348-2476) is a must. The hotdogs are fabulous, made even better by the "secret" mustard recipe, closely guarded by proprietor Leland Pestana. Visitors may remember the famous Langlois Maytag bleu cheese formerly produced here; this delicious treat is still available at the market.'

And the really are world famous. At one point the oil minister from Indonesia would make a special trip just to snack on a few dawgs .. and had some sent back home (dono if they ever made it through customs though).

http://www.langloisoregon.com

Pit beef - corner of Johnny Cake Road and Rolling Road - Woodlawn, MD close to the Social Security compound

Hot Dogs - street cart on Marriottsville Road off of I-70 west of Baltimore, just outside the county landfill entrance also the Vienna Inn in downtown Vienna Virginia.

Agree with David on crabcakes, G&Ms on Hammons Ferry road near Baltimore is absolutely the best!

Pizza - Lou Malnarti's or something like that, all over the Chicago area

Ice Cream - Karls in the historic distric of Fredericksburg, VA 2 miles off of I-95

Peanut soup - Hotel Roanoke - Roanoke, VA

Any sandwich - College Deli Near Main entrance to William and Mary Williamsburg, VA

Seafood snack - just north of Malibu, little shack on the east side of PC highway someone help me with the name. We stopped there during a vintage ride during Oktoberfest that was in Pasadena

Best Chilean Sandwich - the walking mall area of downtown Boston chicken, avocado sauce, and green beans

Chowder - Spikes, little white shack on a river near the town of Brick or Point Pleasant New Jersey.

White fish sandwich - Colemans on the boulavard in Wheeling, WV

Romantic - upscale, not road food, Las Breases, in Laguana Beach, CA

Best peanut butter pie, pumpkin pie, bbq sandwich, onion rings, buffalo wings, banana pudding, chocolate chip cookies, and spaghetti - from Ms Ruth at my house.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Exit 105 in Georgia off 95 north or south is good - good showers ($6 last year), decent food, free overnight parking (safe) no signs of your normal truck stop filth...

Exit 92 in Georgia - BAD - unless you're looking for a male hooker (serious)

South of the border is a dump but if you go down the main drag allllll the way there's a good little diner that will let you plug in for free and cook anything short order.

No offense BLUNT - not a big fan of MN. Got a ticket going 97 there in a dually truck with unloaded trailer. Cited for not being "safe and reasonable" or something. That night got a second ($150) ticket for driving air brakes with no CDL - none of this of course has anything to do with MN (or BLUNT)...

if you have to go from florida to CA don't go the pan handle and Gulf Coast. Although it's a nice drive - it sux. Go north and take the middle roads. Not as much food there though.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Alot of food, cheap prices and squeaky clean at the Four Seasons, (not THE FOUR SEASONS) diner on the south side of I-70, Mt. Airy exit.

I have noticed crowds of good ol cars, pick-up trucks and bikes in the lot of this diner for years, now I know why.

I asked Randy Bryant a few weeks ago the same question you started the thread with about places to eat in Harrisonburg, VA, here is his response.

"Harrisonburg's "famous" hotdog joint is Jess', the original one is downtown Rt.33 W, on Court Square. There is another one, Rt.33 East Exit, about 3/4 of a mile off of I-81.

Kline's Dairy Bar is downtown too. It's a couple of blocks north of the Jess' downtown location. I cannot think of the street names right now."

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

In Moscow, ID the Cour 'dlain brewery and ale house is great for food and fresh local brew, I recommend the Amber Weizen

In Pullman, Wa - The Coug, not only one of my favorite places to get completly intoxicated at, but serves delicous burgers during the day and a couple signature burgers and good selection of Micros

In Olympia/Tumater, Wa right off I-5 , on the Tumwater BLVD exit Take a left and go to Eagan's incredibly tasty

Going south on I-5 take the Little Rock exit and go to Farm Boy

In Odessa, Florida can't recall the exit but find Eli's BBQ only open Thu-Sat best BBQ I have ever had. Also in Odessa well more Ozona may I recommend the Ozana Pig.

In seattle find the Pyramid Brewery right outside Quest and Safeco field

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS

Outer Banks, NC

Mama Kwan's, fresh local seafood and coastal favorites with an eclectic Caribbean flair, HWY 12 South. MP 6.5.(I think) It's right next door to a Pizza Slut and McDonalds.

Sam and Omi's, Beach Road, MP 0.5. Been there 50(?) years! Awesome fresh seafood. It's a local spot, with a small bar. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Coinjock Marina, Intracostal Waterway, near Grandy(?). Pricey, good food and local seafood. A GREAT place to sit and watch the luxury yachts dock for the night.

Good eats,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

New York City: Sal & Carmine's Pizza on upper west side (broadway and 96) and the BEST chinese food ive ever had is right across the street at hunan balcony (along with the best service!). Try the fried spinach for a most delicious and amazing appetizer, and just about anything off the menu is amazing. my favorites are the beef and broccoli and sesame chicken. just AMAZING, unlike 95% of the normal "good" chinese food out there. For the BEST GREEK food, up a few blocks to Symposium on 110 near broadway.

Santa Barbara area: Freebird's World Burrito ... best burritos on the planet (get the steak monster)... unfortunately they dont sell the supermonster any more....