• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

so i got my new 02

BLUNT

but the transport showed up and the front end was pushed in. the center grille is trashed and the nose is pushed in about 3 inches. i called the dispatcher and he told me to get an estimate and theyd take care of it. i made a notation on the inspection sheet stating nose and grill damage and had the delivering driver sign it. i hope they follow thru. anyone have any advice? maybe this has happened to one of you. they will shit when they get the estimate for this. you know how that goes.

but beside that the car is a blast. i put about 40 miles on it. its raw and fun

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

That's aweful....the way most semi drivers are all over the road, they probabley damaged the car just loading it!!! I have very little respect for anyone that doesn't show respect for other people's property. I'd sue the bastards...they will argue the car isn't worth anything most likely!

Good luck, but don't be a push over....a new front end will run say $5,000...that will get their attention! They will be shocked that new parts are available!!!! Give em an '02 education they won't forget!!!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Given the way insurance and deductable works with most haulers, the driver will likely have to pay the first $2,500 or so of the claim. That's 'prolly why the dispatcher said no worries -- the company figures they'll walk away with nothing to front up.

My brother hauled for Horeseless Carriage for 10 years and he had the same insurance arrangement. Read your paperwork (the manifest) carefully.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

• 3 months later...
02fanatic,

Your blanket generalization about car hauling and the people who do it, only shows your glaring ignorance about it. If you don't know what you are talking about just shut the fuck up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

ANY time I have EVER had a car towed I have had to stop the person doing it to prevent damage. Now I'm sure there are a few shining stars out there but I have yet to find one myself.

Bent tow hooks, Bent valences, Bent bumper mounts, bent tie rods, The list goes on and on. Oh yea, On a Volvo I had back in the day I had a set of Cebie fog lights under the bumper. As I called and asked to talk to the driver he said he would be careful. So HE PICKED UP THE CAR FROM THE REAR! Fog lights were wiped out when it got to my house. after a week of pestering the towing co they payed up.

Bottom line is that you have to act like your doing the towing from start to finish since most of the operators (or should I say employes) just don't give a shit and figure you can't tell damage anyway.

That's aweful....the way most semi drivers are all over the road, they probabley damaged the car just loading it!!!

No Dooubt! These should be professional people providing a valuable and needed service. The way I see many drive on the highway it's a wonder anything gets to where it's going.

So, gpetrus, why don't YOU go do what you suggested.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

When i had my 76 towed from Cali, it made it safe, but when it got here the guy who unloaded it backed it up off the two narrow ramps almost 5 miles an hour backwards it all most gave me a heart attack, all i could think was, "you redneck SOB".

It would have been a catastrophe if he ran a wheel over. He obviously didn't give a shit.

762.jpg

Ca '76: Sahara / Korman Stage I

02fanatic,

Your blanket generalization about car hauling and the people who do it, only shows your glaring ignorance about it. If you don't know what you are talking about just shut the fuck up.

Wow! Got venom? Not sure why you dragged this from about 100 pages back, but 02fanatic is pretty highly respected around here.

Great way to make friends...

toddsig05.jpg

I read what 02 Fanatic wrote and didn't feel he showed me any respect whatsoever, hence the reply.

And John, if you care to comment on my driving or what I do for a living, by all means please feel free have relations with yourself anytime. And yes owner/operator is correct ($237,000 worth of tractor and trailer) not an employee, with 1.3 million miles no accidents.

1973 02 Colorado

1970 2800CS Florida

1989 325ic Bronzit

I read what 02 Fanatic wrote and didn't feel he showed me any respect whatsoever, hence the reply.

And John, if you care to comment on my driving or what I do for a living, by all means please feel free have relations with yourself anytime. And yes owner/operator is correct ($237,000 worth of tractor and trailer) not an employee, with 1.3 million miles no accidents.

i cant speak for you or your professionalism but the assholes who transported my car pushed the front end in, provided an expired forged insurance document and are liars and the scum of the earth. needless to say i never collected on any damages. so dont get all bent out of shape. there are plenty of asshole truck drivers, just like there are posters on message boards

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com