• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of my '73 2002

acmeradio

SEM it's a vinyl dye. It comes in a rattle can. You spray it on like spray paint...but it's not like paint...it doesn't just adhere over the old stuff...nit rather it soaks in and dyes it. The color I used was Landau Black. I got the tip from Keith at my2002tii.com ...it's amazingly close to my Mobile Tradition front panels. Prep is the key it work...and light "misting" coats. That was hard for me...I'm one of those guys who likes to spray paint everything in one pass. :-)

Search the Forum for SEM...you'll see lots of stuff about it.

L8R!

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris

"really nice...i've been looking for an air cleaner like yours...would you have a link to a website that sells them?"

I got mine from (dare I say it here) Top End Performance. It's a Ramflo 1000CFM (RF10?). I saw it on Steve "Finkbuilt" Lodefink's 2002. Here's the link...although I'm sure you can find it elsewhere too.

http://www.racetep.com/ramflolynx.html

L8R!

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris

Congrats, your ride looks really sweet. What else do you have planned, if anything? When I finished mine, I ended up going back in and tweaking little things here and there - couldnt leave well enough alone.

FWIW, I also had to die my panels. The front panels were navy blue and rear saddle. Came out well and is holding up fine three years later (only pic I have interior attached). There isn't much traffic in and out of the car beyond the driver side, and the back seat was only occupied once. I died the panels in another car recently and that one is not holding up as well - go figure.

post-145-1366756632909_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)

"What else do you have planned, if anything?"

Big Brakes!! This is my first 2002...and the stock brakes just don't cut it with the added HP. I still have other stuff to do though. The dome light doesn't work. Some sort of wiring issue (ground?). Wipers are slow (rebuild wiper motor). Fuel smell in the trunk...that rubber filler piece is all cracked...possibly the tank needs to be resealed. I still need to do some stuff with the body...trim that didn't get replaced when it got repainted. I guess...it'll never end...but that's why I got the car...wanted something to do besides answer work emails at night. ;-)

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris