• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lurking no more.....

Handed over a crisp cashiers cheque in exchange for a '75 2002 -- Fjord(ish) blue the other day.

Need to get the details re: upgrades (as I was just awe-struck by the ride and handling so all the details went in one ear and out the other) but can report that she has a 5spd tranny; limited-slip diff (whatever that means!), 320i brakes; and the battery has been relocated.

Interior is in great shape and the body is solid!

Took possession of (and got transfered) the title last night. Will go thru state safety inspection today and am looking forward to driving her home tonight.

Many thanks to all the members for the wealth of information on this board -- big thanks to Randy and Jonathan who have offered moral support and mechanical direction -- I'm looking forward to mining the depths of this forum.

Updates as they come available.

Let the madness begin!

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Welcome dtharp and your 75 2002! My 75 car is celebrating his build date/birthday today -- 31 yrs. old. I'd be on a drive right now, but I have to watch our youngest (4 yrs. old) and the car seat is a no-go in that car. Was the PO a BMWCCA member? The upgrades make it sound as though that is likely. Was it being well-maintained or was it sitting around forelorn until you "saved" it?? You ought to consider driving down to Vintage at the Vineyard the May 27th weekend in the Winston-Salem area. Good luck w/your obssession!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

If you're close by, I'd love to check out your car. I'll even buy you a welcome beverage of your choice.

By the way LSD is generally a good thing. Think PosiTraction in Detroit parlance.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

I'm in NoVA -- Fairfax Co. to be exact. Would enjoy a trip down to Richmond -- though prolly not via 95!

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Congrats...looking forward to seeing it.My 72tii Patina, turned 34 yesterday...perplexed what do you buy a car that needs everything.i do like this old girl...

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Yeah, I'm thinking about setting up a trust fund to fund any work/parts/etc. Wonder if I can fund it w/ pre-tax dollars?

- Thomas Jefferson

but wiil the irs agree.....calling accountant now

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Dennis,

the folks here will certainly enjoy the pics of the "new baby" that you sent to me.

the wheels, steelies, look very cool and you'll appreciate the 5 speed while traveling down I-95 to have that beer with Paul.

i'm just really very excited and happy for you! (your wife is cool, too)

looking forward to having you come to the valley for a drive, soon.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton/Massanutten/Harrisonburg/JMU, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Welcome and Congrats on finding one in good shape. I am in Fx County as well. Would be interested in seeing it sometime.

BTW, if you have time, you sould consider attending the 23rd Annual Deutsche Marque Concours this Sunday. Should be some nice '02's there. I am assuming the John will be there with Juanita.

Here is a link with more information.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=99,32,0,0,1,0

You had your chance.

It would have been so easy to just walk away.

But, no. You coulnd't do that.

Well,

There is no turning back now.

Now you will know why they are afraid of the NLA phrase.

WELCOME to the loonie bin!!!!!!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Similar birthday here.

My tii #2761534 was on the 2nd. Shares the date with Bianca Jager and David Beckham.

The annual running of the Alpine 500 is how we celebrate her birthday.

(Zoomer the car, not Bianca)

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes