• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thirty seven years ago today, I took delivery of my Nevada

'69 2002, the 40th second series off the line. Due to an East Coast dock strike that winter, my 6 February-assembled car didn't arrive in the US until late April.

Still going strong (with only a valve job, a guibo and two clutches) at 218k...So I guess today is happy second birthday to Wolfgang. May our association last many more years.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Great work, Mike. I love hearing stories like that and it's good to know you have resisted any temptation to sell your Wolfgang. Superb name by the way! German names just add to the personality. Post some pictures if you get a chance. I'm sure more than enough people would love to see your beloved.

- Ash

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Hmmm! It's real Birthday (Feb 6) is the same day as me, although i've got a good few more years on me than Wolfgang.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Dieter and I salute your 37 years together, may you have many more filled with twisties and good friends. Impressive what a determined man can do when he decides he's NEVER gonna sell that car!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

You wantin my VIN#? My car's at the shop at the moment so I'll tell you when he gets home tomorrow.

(Ha! I edited this post because in actual fact, it did sound racey. My apologies.)

railwayKarl-1.jpg

..I remember the smell of a brand new '76 2002; the last 2002 belonging to the local BMW dealer. Every customer wanted the recently introduced 320i, so this one last '02 - Fjord with Navy vinyl/non-AC/non sunroof car had long been waiting to be taken home. Happy Birthday Wolfgang! ..see ya soon in NC, and bring Mike and Carol.

Haha, no fightin coming from me. To tell you the truth, my car could do with a new VIN # plate. Getting kind of hard to read....

railwayKarl-1.jpg

(nt)

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

(nt)

You wantin my VIN# big boy? My car's at the shop at the moment so I'll tell you when he gets home tomorrow.

Ummm, settle! He s talking to Mike... I assume their cars might be from a similar build date :)

TMK, I bet she's going to be a handful at the Aussie 2002 Rally '06*. ;-P

*made up event people.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings