• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My $100 parts car just picked up

Vashon2002

Got this off craigslist for $100 - not is bad shape. Was looking at the tranny and at first glance thought it was a 5 speed conversion but looks like a 320i 4 speed conversion (clutch slave). These tranny's any good? Going to try to get it running in the next few weeks after I transfer some parts to my other car.

post-433-13667564010362_thumb.jpg

73 2002

71 2002

71 2800 CS

72 3.0 CSA

That's a beauty pageant winner compared to the parts cars we run into around here. I've seen some so moldy/stinky/musty/rusty that I don't want to be around them for even one minute!! Even my wife, who does not want a parts car around, would like that one of yours. Congrats on an excellent find!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Still trying to sort the beast out - whoever owned before played with it some - has a single row cam chain, boxed rear frame, what I believe is a 320i 4speed, leather front seats in good condition along with the original brown front seats is okay shape. Next need to check out the brakes and clutch and see if it moves under its own power.

post-433-13667564024774_thumb.jpg

73 2002

71 2002

71 2800 CS

72 3.0 CSA

I haven't paid over $750 for any of my BMW's in the last twelve years, but then again, I'm a cheap bastard.

I have paid the following for my BMW's since 94:

-$750 for a sahara 74 tii at an estate sale in Los Angeles county

-$750 for a 73 Bavaria that was stored in a closed garage in LA county for 11 years, Owner flunked smog in 88 and parked it, now it's smog exempt. The Bav only had 119K miles on it when I bought it. It now has a 5 speed, Bilstein's, Weber's and Alpina wheels.

-$400 for a 73 Bavaria in Orange county, sunroof, rare ceylon color, the PO had pulled the original 3.0 M30 engine and automatic and dropped in a 3.3L and 4 speed from a 79 E24 and converted it to EFI. The bonus was that the Bav came with 14" Alpina wheels. The wheels are now on my other 73 Bav. That Bavaria did run, Coupe King now has that Bavaria, I miss that one.

-$300 for a 70 Euro spec E3 2800 that I found in LA, PO inherited that car from her father, she looked high maintenance and wanted nothing to do with a car that had no AC, no PS, with manual windows and 4 speed. Car has no rust, no body damage, a geniune time warp. Car has 95K original KM's on it. Coupe King, Carl Nelson and Bill Holmes did the restoration.

Just don't ask me how much I spent on fixing up and restoring the cars but that is the fun of it. I had much more fun doing it this way than buying a car that was already restored.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

how the f do you people snag these things?

i paid 1500 for mine and it had/still has a shit ton of problems

dammit!

According to wife I don't have a life except for these damm cars!

Tell her "its better then crack and hookers"

Still trying to sort the beast out - whoever owned before played with it some - has a single row cam chain, boxed rear frame, what I believe is a 320i 4speed

Sound's like it may have Metric Mechanic stuff in it. I'm not sure but I think they liked to use the later 4sp for their "ultimate transmition" and I know Jim was a big fan of the single row timing chain. If you pull off an intake or exhaust manefold, look for ridges cut into the ports. That would mean it is one of their high flow heads. Does it have a Max stick sway bar?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

G-man: you could hire yourself out as a finder of cheap restorable BMW's. You'd really be providing a service with the experience you've gained. I'd pay the fee to get the right car at the right price. Cheaper in the long run by far....

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz