• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear ended yesterday, sympathy please

I shipped a 1976 rust free, never-been-wrecked-before project home to Ohio from Sacramento last fall. After many hours of work I got it running pretty good, Eibachs, shocks, all new stearing stuff etc.

Yesterday on the way home form work, wham-o, right in the arse.

post-1391-13667563661235_thumb.jpg

post-1391-13667563662994_thumb.jpg

White '76

'89 325i

'90 Spec Miata

BTW, did any buckling happen on the quarter panel right in the middle of the wheel opening?

When my squarie was rear ended, st first glance the bumpers had prevented any damage, but, upon closer inspection, both quarter panels buckled ever so slightly right on top of the center of the rear wheels.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Hey cd: Are you in Cincinnati or near Dayton?? Have not seen your car around Kettering/Dayton. Sorry about the hit on your backend. I'd like to see your car. Hope the basher is going to take care of the bashee (you). Good luck! JIM

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I'm in Middletown. I work in Tri-County so I don't go to Dayton very often.

I'd love to meet up soon. As far as I know, there are no other 02's in Middletown. Personal Messaging isn't working. Call me at 513-382-6487 anytime. I installed a lift in my garage so come on over!

The person that hit me was a 77 year old women. She ran so I had to follow her about 3 miles while on the phone with the Police.

White '76

'89 325i

'90 Spec Miata

Hey cd: I just got back from dinner w/the family to celebrate my quitting one of my 2 jobs. I was sick of it, so it was time to celebrate! I second that -- I'd be happy to do a drive or most any '02 get-together. If you guys popped in on me I'd be pleased as long as I had time to bs about cars and so forth.... I'll give you a call. JIM (BTW: Mike and I are still recruiting local folks to caravan to Vintage at the Vineyard w/us. It is in the Asheville, NC area in late May! )

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I was rear-ended in my roundie four years ago, and it was fixed up pretty well. I still wish it hadn't happened, but that's the risk of driving these things. Keep us posted on the repairs!

-Dave

post-246-13667563669481_thumb.jpg

post-246-13667563669904_thumb.jpg

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Pop3y3,

I'd love to met some local '02 guys soon. My car is drivable so what the heck! I hope you to hear from you.

I had just bought plug wires and a tensioner piston after work on the day of the wreck, down at Just BMW/Blau Mit Weiss on Redbank. If I only would have BS'd the parts guy a few more minutes I would have missed that old hag that nailed me!

DLH,

Thanks for the insperation. Your dent was worse than mine so I have something to look forward to!

Harry,

Best that I can tell, the passenger side qtr is un-hurt!

White '76

'89 325i

'90 Spec Miata