• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S14 M2 bars ready

BLUNT

heres the final product. they will be available in carbon steel and aluminum alloy for an additional charge. pricing to come. im trying to arrange a price break for a group purchase but i dont know where im at with that yet. wanted you guys to see pics first. im unfamiliar with weber set ups but it appears the bar may work on other applications other than the s14

IM007585.jpg

IM007587.jpg

IM007588.jpg

IM007589.jpg

comments welcome positive or negative

many thanks to jan and pierre for working with john mason and allowing their cars to be used for measurements

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i think we are looking at 250 for carbon steel and 300 for aluminum.

these are the prices he quoted me. money would go directly to john mason and he will ship. my take is a front bar at half price for some organizing. i had hoped to handle it differently but i dont make the rules.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

That's bloody gorgeous. Did you think about a plate that would bolt the centre section to the firewall (well, the sheet of metal infront of the heater box) - every bit triangulation helps I'd have thought.

do you have weights yet for the steel and alloy versions?

would your bulder be interested in bartering for a free stay in a great hotel I know in the South of France ;-) He could even deliver!

Nice work.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

hi nick, john did actually ask me about attaching it at the thin metal that separates the heater box from engine bay but i declined that idea for a couple reasons. i questioned the benifit because of the gauge of the steel and i figured this bar wouldnt be cheap and anyone purchasing one may have a nice car and not be willing to drill

johns contact info is

jjmtools@adelphia.net youll have to ask him about the bartering but it sounds like a nice deal.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

hi nick, john did actually ask me about attaching it at the thin metal that separates the heater box from engine bay but i declined that idea for a couple reasons. i questioned the benifit because of the gauge of the steel and i figured this bar wouldnt be cheap and anyone purchasing one may have a nice car and not be willing to drill

Thanks Blunt, I'll drop him a mail direct. This would be for my next M2 and I'd happily brace the thin bit of metal to the 'real' firewall, or whatever a closer inspection took to make it worthwhile.

What drove you to make these, and have you test fitted on more than one car? I've currently got an alloy bar from walloth and nesch that I needed spacers on top of the inner wing in order to clear the air box. My s14 seems to sit a little high due to the urethane mounts (my guess). Consequently I had to cut a small section out of the hood bracing - not something I'm willing to do with the carbon fibre hood waiting to go on. Not sure of the solution beyond trimming down the urethane mounts, which I'm loathed to do for obvious reasons.

engine_left.jpg

Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg